Chicagoland Classic Bike Show & Swap Aug 15th 2010

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i saw this :shock: on the CABE. is this happening for real? i didn't see anything posted here :?

i'm going . . . :wink:

6th Annual Classic Bike Show & Swap will be held Aug 15th from 9AM to 3PM at Village CycleSport 1313 N Rand Rd in Arlington Hts, IL 60004.
Swap spaces are $20 and entry for trophy judging and ribbons is $5.
Restrooms and food on site.
This is a large show with many great deals and cool bikes on display!
Any questions call Joe at 847-398-1650
or E-mail [email protected]
Hope to see you there !!!

Iwas just on craigs list and saw it and was going to post it you beat me to it.

oldgreaser said:
Ratina,
If the weather is decent Sunday, I'll be there hunting/buying. Never been there before
Hoping to find some ratty parts cheap. Do forum members,get any special discount at your swap space ?

I've never been there before either. I dont have any "cool" parts, just brakes, a few seats, bars, forks, etc. and a bunch of schwinn lightweights. I'm willing to deal. Looking for anything in particular?

You might have just what I'm looking for:
NEEDS: schwinn seat post, clamp, and possibly a seat (if it's the right price, color, condition) must have side pull brakes, and levers,
Correct bearings and bearing cups for the frame I have. 10 speed chain ring, rear spoke protector, Head badge.

Wants, Tall handle bars, junk ballon fender to cut up, front hub, stem, rear drum hub, 26" fork truss bar and the head set mount, and rear rack, and front or a pair of rear baskets, reflectors, headlights..................

hey guys i just talked to the guy thats having the show/swap ..30's to 70's stuff he said ..the way he was takin its gonna be pretty big ... i cant wait my first show/swap for just bicycles...will be neat 2 meet some guys off the site ...u will know me when u see me ...im really huge with a big ol gotee!!!! somebody run up and smack me and yell ....RAT ROD BROTHER ....LOL ...MIKE

well no one smacked me and yelled RAT ROD ... i did score a old yellow stingray ..some old bars,chrome axle nuts,,and some skiptooth sprockets ...ill put up some pics later ..mike

The Show was pretty good even the wife got into it. Markm I passed out about 20 flyers I met Ratina and Pedro I think bought a few small things and took some photos. I also met Will and Tom from the Chicago Cruisers and Classic Cruisers bike clubs I invited them to next Sat Chicago ride.
Ratina and Dad
dscf2320.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-08-15
Will and Toms booth

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dscf2304i.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-08-15
dscf2303b.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-08-15
dscf2302u.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-08-15
dscf2306z.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-08-15
dscf2301j.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-08-15

hey i seen u guys there ...i was askin about a solid pixie tire ..u had bmx's rite ? my kid asked how much for like every bike there ..LOL was a decent show/swap ...my first !!!!

Latest posts

Back