Chicagoland Classic Bike Show & Swap Aug 15th 2010

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikesbikes36 said:
hey i seen u guys there ...i was askin about a solid pixie tire ..u had bmx's rite ? my kid asked how much for like every bike there ..LOL was a decent show/swap ...my first !!!!

Yea I remember you. I have 2 sets of 16" solid rubbers if your interested.

It was cool to meet everyone! Nice to put a face to the name

We did pretty good, sold 11 bikes and some parts.

I bought a Western Flyer for $40 (see fresh finds) and a schwinn exercise sprocket for $5 8)

mikesbikes36 said:
well no one smacked me and yelled RAT ROD ... i did score a old yellow stingray ..some old bars,chrome axle nuts,,and some skiptooth sprockets ...ill put up some pics later ..mike

I didnt know that was you! I met a few other guys on here as well.

I saw your son riding that stingray, the guy that was selling it came up to me at least 4 times in 2 hours asking if I wanted to buy it. What did you end up giving for it if you dont mind me asking?

i wanted that colson, 5th pic down. she wanted $100, i offered $50 - NO. i went back later to try alittle more, the guy with the trailer had then traded for it and would not sell it to me :cry:

i met those two fellas too - i got some lightning darts from the big guy - :D

dscf2319l.jpg

Hey, I bought a Schwinn girls model tank from you ! Paid $20, but I would have gone to 35 or 40. Thanks, All the same.
Had a good time, Got most of what was on the Needs list. Bought brake levers and a neck, and a bike from Ben & Bob,the 2 guys in the first picture. That's my son: John in the background of that shot. I thought it was a Good show, better swap meet.

yeah was a good swap ...i got some bars and some cool chopper grips from the big guy ...( cant figure out how 2 copy and repaste pics ?) i think his name is will ...? mike ~~

Anybody know who the two guys with the white trailer in the photo are ?

oldgreaser said:
Hey, I bought a Schwinn girls model tank from you ! Paid $20, but I would have gone to 35 or 40. Thanks, All the same.
Had a good time, Got most of what was on the Needs list. Bought brake levers and a neck, and a bike from Ben & Bob,the 2 guys in the first picture. That's my son: John in the background of that shot. I thought it was a Good show, better swap meet.

When did you want to come pick the bike up?

Any one know who the dealer with the white trailer with the girls JC Higgens is? I am trying to find them interested in that bike.
dscf2302u.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-08-15
Thanks
Gary

Latest posts

Back