Childhood dreamcycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a design I’ve always wanted to create and I’m finally getting it done, waiting on a check to get some more bondo and then forks And wheels, got everything else I’m going to throw on it besides, hope you like the start
image.jpg
image.jpg

Fully bondoed low rider?
Yes. Done on some newer huffy frame I acquired for free, going with some springers can’t decide on bent or more of a chopper style, it’s getting a pair of flat bars so I’m playing with the idea of either or, I don’t have machinery of any sort so I figured bondo for the win, I try to do things for as free as possible and happened to have a lotta bondo and it got started

Wow cool, im liking this, concept n all,....Ummmmm. so is there any skeletal steel inside the bondo, or is the bondo solid?
or have you made a tube of bondo sorta thing, im very interested in this as ive been wanting to fuse carbon fibre with ally's, as in wrapping carbon around the head tube, just as youve done here!... like you ..got heaps and left over resin!
Cool!

So the way I did the frame was measured and made a template out of double thick cardboard, then I applied it with gasket sealant, the type I used was RTV sealant which cures pretty hard, a lot harder then like caulking silicone does, then after fastening the cardboard to the frame I wrapped it in tin, left the tin loose and I started covering it in bondo like you would do with fiberglass resin and the sheets of fiberglass except I didn’t use fiberglass like most people use, I used stage two bondo to fill in as much as I needed to and kept sanding and applying thin layers and sanding more, it is very hard, after so many layers of bondo on it, it’s become one stable body with the bike frame under, no steal although I’ve thought of doing something with window screen just couldn’t work with it as easy as tin foil, I’ve already dropped the frame a few times and not one crack and it’s not even all done, still need to go get some more bondo to finish of the final layer then sand it and paint.
image.jpg

Ahhhhhhh I see!! Thanks man! and it looks like a big job to shape it all down but I can see where you'll be able to achieve super fine curves and flow! you can shape to your desire!

Ahhhhhhh I see!! Thanks man! and it looks like a big job to shape it all down but I can see where you'll be able to achieve super fine curves and flow! you can shape to your desire!
Exactly, my idea was to get the flow I wanted get the body i see in my head it’s more like I’m sculpting this frame, I’m a painter and I draw so sculpting is something I’ve dappled in before on smaller scales figured try doing a bigger sculpt I’m kinda just trying to see if I could do it.

Are you building this inside an RV?
heck yes, one I remodeled I live in, water heater is broken so I only use my shower on hot days there is one in my park I figured shower would be my workspace I got a vent that pulls all the solvent smell and all the dust up and out when I do my work

Put some 18” wheels on the 26” frame and fork to test some ideas out. Wanting a bigger rear a 26 and I think it’ll be getting the 18” front. The names chuckles after a old dude I worked with that always had some twisted dirty jokes. The name will make a little more sense when I add the special touch before paint, but that’ll be a secret till I do it and finish paint and the bikes all together. For now left with a little mystery duh duh duuuh.
20E63C52-EA7C-4010-8794-6BECC96F7B8C.jpeg

Put some 18” wheels on the 26” frame and fork to test some ideas out. Wanting a bigger rear a 26 and I think it’ll be getting the 18” front. The names chuckles after a old dude I worked with that always had some twisted dirty jokes. The name will make a little more sense when I add the special touch before paint, but that’ll be a secret till I do it and finish paint and the bikes all together. For now left with a little mystery duh duh duuuh.View attachment 246585
You got another bike to build? You should jump in on the muscle bike build off when it starts Friday

Cool build, man. Wow, I dig it!
Thanks man. It’s been taking time sculpting that shape out but finally I’ll be porting paint pics soon, I’ll be ordering some parts for it the forks are going bent springer might keep the bars might throw apes on it not to sure on that yet waiting to get the rest of the parts and I’ll probly switch a few things up.

Latest posts

Back