chinese built phoenix with 28 inch wheels and rod brakes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked this up at an auction because i thought it looked interesting. needs a good detailing, but is very solid. single speed. it's pretty heavy and it really cruises.
P1060511.jpg

P1060512.jpg

P1060513.jpg

P1060514.jpg

P1060515.jpg

Looks like a rebadged Raleigh. I have one that looks the same and is a Raleigh. plus the fork i've only ever seen on a Raleigh. in any case great ride!

That's about all that bike needs is a good cleaning...Great score,,,looks great..good luck with it..
I would like to know how much you paid for it...only if you want to... :wink: ...Jay

no problem jay. i picked it up at a local auction for $45. i also think the same co. that built raleighs must have built it.
rustinkerer, cool sprocket. i hope this one's the same.

i'm guessing mid to late 80's. there were also 2 similar raleighs with 3 speed hubs dated 1986.
thesuicideride said:
wow thats clean! that chainguard and front brake look amazing :D. any idea on what year?

I think most Chinese or Indian roadster bicycles are inspired by Raleigh type designs of about 40 years ago.
Yeah, kinda like Toyota's early Land Cruiser and Nissans' Patrol were knockoffs of the British Land Rover. Similar, but not the same. ~Adam

Back