Chinese Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For right now I am adding parts to my modern very heavy Schwinn and on the lookout for a better frame, fork, crank to swap bits over. However in the meantime is there a nicer fork I could install? I don't want to use a springer because I haul beer in a basket on the front, but not sure what will fit. I just don't like the look of these sort of forks. Also any thoughts on a different chainguard that would go with the overall look?

8256087854_3fa15f7803_o.jpg

I'm pretty sure these use a standard 1" steer fork. So although you may have to play with different headset bearings say an old skool schwinn blade fork would work. On a side note if you cant find one I know kruzer king makes a 1" blade fork

karfer67 said:
I'm pretty sure these use a standard 1" steer fork. So although you may have to play with different headset bearings say an old skool schwinn blade fork would work. On a side note if you cant find one I know kruzer king makes a 1" blade fork

Thanks, I would rather have a more classic look, so I will look into the older Schwinn fork.

I've installed a vintage flat-blade Schwinn fork onto a modern Schwinn frame. Aside from having to cut the steer tube to length and add some threads, it was no real problem. There are modern "flat-blade" forks of some of the late-model Schwinn bikes. However, they aren't forged like the old Ashtabula style, but rather flattened tubing. The size, proportion and cross section of the fork legs are all wrong in my opinion.

Back