Chocolate Mint with Orange Zest

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This girl had a bike in her garage that she wasn't using. She saw my bike and wanted me to redo her bike into something she would ride daily.

The bike was rolled out to me like this. It's a Chinese-made aluminum frame. Pretty good welding and light. But unloved.

before.jpg

It's not totally done yet. The painted rims are waiting to be laced and still deciding on a new seat or old seat rewrapped.

8e1637b552174ff294f2ebc443c3133a.jpg

It's a skid machine. With these five dollar tires, I don't mind skidding away.... :D

9f904453bd7c4303a9aef774738301d1.jpg

Do you think she will like her new old bike?

Looks great, the brooks would look good in combination with the laid-back seatpost.
If you can get the chainguard positioned right it will be even better.

cruisehard said:
Really good job overall, glad to see the gears are gone. I think any girl would love it. Be sure to post pics of the finished product.

Thanks. Yeah, she really doesn't need all those gears. It's a run-around the neighborhood bike. :D

karl said:
Looks great, the brooks would look good in combination with the laid-back seatpost.
If you can get the chainguard positioned right it will be even better.

Thanks. The Brooks is borrowed from my cruiser. I'm urging her to get one, plus color tires. I'm working on the chainguard. Need to find/make the back tube clamp. Also the new chainwheel is smaller than the previous so the guard kinda floats up there.

Thanks thanks. :D

Been on the backburner but nearly there. Picture's from a couple of days ago. A bit different now. The chainguard is down a bit and the grips are leather brown. The seat will be owner's choice. :wink:

2aee169a5cf14ce09cc7d369702ff632.jpg

before.jpg

Latest posts

Back