chopper forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im looking at getting one of the new style chopper bikes to use the fork. the head tube on the chopper bikes are much longer.

does anyone know if those forks can be adjusted? or would i have to cut i down to size?

thanx.

if you mean the OCC/stingrays the forks are a little adjustable. The fork tubes slide up or down but the steer tube is fixed. I put a set from the littlest one on a 26" huffy.

hmmmm.... like form a kids size? i know someone selling a kids size but i figured they would be too short.

and yeah, its the headtube issue. our trike is a 5.5" head tube and the head tubes on the schwinn choppers are around 6.5 or 7"

Its a pretty simple fix to chop down the fork tube. I have done two of the full size stingray front ends on standard bikes. Basically all there is to it cutting the tube shorter and sliding the lower tree up... and re installing the star nut in the fork.

Nope.... Just wackin off the extra bit of fork tube and then putting the star nut back in.... Cut the tube about an 1/8" short so you can pull the triple tree together with the star nut to set the bearing and then the clamp on the bottom part of the upper triple tree with hold it all together. Its easier than it seems. The first one I put on a "standard" bike I made a spacer to take up the extra fork tube but it really was not a big deal to shorten it up...

The top.... The bottom stays attached to the lower triple tree.... and the rest of the lower tree just slides up the fork tubes thus making the headtube spacing shorter...

I could take some pictures of one I did if that would help..... Tomorrow and get them to you in the evening? Its out at my shop (17 miles away) or I'd do it tonight

I'll try to remember...

Here is a pic of a set of stingray forks on a Dyno Roadster..

It also got a stingray seat and front wheel

2691059569_b8cb795e81_o.jpg

sweet. i looked and one at the pawn shop earlier... but i only looked at the bottom bracket. i forgot to check out the top. :|

like i said, dont go out of your way.... if you're not already going to your shop, dont worry about it.

thanx.

Latest posts

Back