Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this old school chopper this past fall! Hard to ride but, cool as heck! The neighborhood kids try to buy it off me when they see it! :lol:

SprintPhoto_bvulpq3.jpg

:D whoa whoa whoa looks old school ! westernflyer or murray frame ...

old school 64 said:
Any action photos ? Bet she wheelies REAL easy...looks like fun !! :D

No action photos yet! You can't hold the front wheel down unless you pedal as hard as you can. :lol: Not a cruiser at all! You end up steering from side to side just to keep a straight line and it gets physical. But, I am grinning the whole time I am struggling! She's old school and mad cool. I am going to do a custom paint job on her I think though. :D

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
:D whoa whoa whoa looks old school ! westernflyer or murray frame ...

You know, I think it's Murray. Couldn't find numbers on it and spent more time riding it when I first got it, that I never bothered to look. It has dropouts that say Murray( pointy on the ends) but, you got me thinking and I will have to research and take some better pics. Darn cell phones are crap. I need a nice camera. :lol: I only know it was built by a guy back in the day. :lol: I stopped at a yard sale, to look at a Varsity, and his wife asked if I was into old bikes. I thought...Duh?. :lol: So, she took me into the garage and asked what I thought of the chopper. She said it was for sale too and I bought it on the spot. Flipped the Varsity in two days but, this old sucker will probably never leave it's home. Unless I get killed on it. :roll: :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I like it just the way it sits :wink:

Thanks. It does have that " leave me alone I'm vintage and cool " paint. It has been repainted at one time and not a bad job either. Heck, I have plenty of other bikes to paint on for sure.

THATS SICK
if you raise the sissybar...
bring the seat level.maybe
pull the apes back a touch.
then the front tire would
kiss the ground on occasion. :mrgreen:

maybe the chics old man got killed
on that bike. :arrow: DIG IT :mrgreen: 8)

KJV said:
THATS SICK
if you raise the sissybar...
bring the seat level.maybe
pull the apes back a touch.
then the front tire would
kiss the ground on occasion. :mrgreen:

maybe the chics old man got killed
on that bike. :arrow: DIG IT :mrgreen: 8)

Yea, it had a taller sissy bar on it, 36" and seat was more level. I was having to push my back against the sissy bar too much. I will try the other things and see if that helps make it more rideable. Yea, ironically, he was not there the first time I went there or the pick up time. See, I had to come back with a van that it would fit in. Maybe he did die on it. :lol:

old school 64 said:
I am diggin' it..what are the forks made out of ? Got me thinking i have a nice Huffy frame that might need to go this direction.. :lol:[/q

Forks are just tubular steel. I will take some more detail pics for you if you like and post them. Also, will get some actual action photos when it warms up enough outside. It has a slick on the back and I have icy streets so... :lol: It has some rake to it and of course the headtube was cut and raked. Don't know the degree though. Would be cool to build one. I have a prototype. :lol:

Cool, would love to see the forks..and the action photos..how close are you to Akron Indiana ? Or Winamac ? Probably spelled both wrong, but used to work for a company owned out of Texas and we had a plant here in Cali and one in Akron. Was there one year in December..have never felt such a painful cold... :shock:
ckdesigns69 said:
old school 64 said:
I am diggin' it..what are the forks made out of ? Got me thinking i have a nice Huffy frame that might need to go this direction.. :lol:[/q

Forks are just tubular steel. I will take some more detail pics for you if you like and post them. Also, will get some actual action photos when it warms up enough outside. It has a slick on the back and I have icy streets so... :lol: It has some rake to it and of course the headtube was cut and raked. Don't know the degree though. Would be cool to build one. I have a prototype. :lol:

old school 64 said:
Cool, would love to see the forks..and the action photos..how close are you to Akron Indiana ? Or Winamac ? Probably spelled both wrong, but used to work for a company owned out of Texas and we had a plant here in Cali and one in Akron. Was there one year in December..have never felt such a painful cold... :shock:
ckdesigns69 said:
old school 64 said:

I am just southeast of Winamac, about 30 miles and a little southwest of Akron. Small world. Yea, it gets pretty darn cold here. :lol: We had a warmup and the snow melted so, I may get it out and take some pics today. May do some adjustments to see about making it easier to ride.

Looking forward to the pics !! I think our plant was in Akron, and we ended up in a bar in Winnamac ? Ate lunch at some little restaurant with Nascar themed walls..something with a pork slab sandwich ??? Stayed at a motel across from a Wallyworld with a hitchin' post out front..loved that !! And being a California deer hunter..and seeing your "small" bucks in EVERY field made me so jealous..

Yea, I think I have been to that place. We see deer by the dozens every trip to town. We live about 20 min. from the nearest town and usually take back roads just to look at deer. Used to hunt years ago. I see the sun peaking out so, think I will get the Groovy Chopper out and take some picks. :D Will take some close ups too. Peace and wheel hub grease!

I think you win for longest forks! That is way kool man! I dig it too!

You're a cool kid! :wink: Glad ya like it! Most folks that see me on it are trying to figure out why this forty some year old dude is on a bike like this. It is cool and old school. That's why. 8) I call it the " Groovy Chopper ".

Back