Chrome AMF Cobra - FINISHED 12/17 -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just picked this up. Found on Ebay, local pickup. Someone spray bombed the whole thing white, it's chrome underneath. 26" red band coaster brake, very cool rack on the back. I think the bars and seat were probably added. The banana seat has Styrofoam on the underside. Neat aluminum console type thing on the top bars. No guard or head badge, I can't find any numbers anywhere on the frame. Maybe someone can tell me what this thing is.

001-26.jpg
002-26.jpg
003-27.jpg
004-31.jpg
005-30.jpg
006-25.jpg
007-24.jpg
008-23.jpg
009-18.jpg
010-19.jpg

Re: Unknown Chrome Frame Bike

I had one of these a while back. It was an AMF Cobra. Not exactly the same parts wise, but check out the frame.

061211213018.jpg

I also have a spare crank and sprocket identical to that one if yours doesn't clean up and you need one.

ohdeebee said:
I had one of these a while back. It was an AMF Cobra. Not exactly the same parts wise, but check out the frame.

061211213018.jpg

Thanks ohdee, that's it. Stripped it down and started cleaning the frame. What do you think?

014-9.jpg
013-12.jpg
012-13.jpg

Re: Chrome AMF Cobra

Too cool. The console and rack are awesome and a chrome frame to boot.

Also lack of pedal mounted reflectors suggests it is fairly old. I can't remember exactly what year they became mandatory. I think it was somewhere in the 1960's

outskirtscustoms said:
Also lack of pedal mounted reflectors suggests it is fairly old. I can't remember exactly what year they became mandatory. I think it was somewhere in the 1960's

I could be wrong but I thought the first year for pedal reflectors was 1973.

firstyearchevelle said:
outskirtscustoms said:

wasn't it 1970?? i thought the fenders got rolled edges too on the muscle bikes that year :?:

Re: Chrome AMF Cobra - UPDATED 12/14 -

The console is looking good too. I think that sprocket was common in the mid to late 60's.

backpedaler said:
firstyearchevelle said:
outskirtscustoms said:

wasn't it 1970?? i thought the fenders got rolled edges too on the muscle bikes that year :?:

Well I know now with my '68 Schwinn Hollywood that they still did NOT have pedal reflectors.

Latest posts

Back