Chrome cruiser pilot from Pasadena (LOW CAL)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, my name is dR3W, just came across this site via JoeyMac's AMAZING Spaceliner Flickr album!!!!! And, I'm blown away by all the enthusiasm and all the genius of RE-invention on this site! Cheers to all!! I don't have near the collection most of you guys seem to have but... Test driving through Sierra Madre 5 summers ago in my '67 Toyota Corona , I happened upon a beautiful site, rusty as heck, but beautiful none the less. It was an all chrome beach cruiser withe a giant sign, "FREE"! With the beauty of the net, i think I have figured out what it is. Murray!?!?!? Sears Spaceliner!?!?!? First, there is no company name although the serial is stamped at the rear left side, 502469010792850 (just behind where the rear wheel nests) and it has a RB 2 Bendix Single red stripe rear hub which led me to that Flickr account and then to this wonderful world.

Here she is after several hours with steel wool, brass brush, and Brasso!
cruiser12.gif

On it's second ride after re-chaining it...
DSC02413.jpg

Here are a couple of clearer pics! I "think" it's a Murray/Sears Spaceliner circa '64, although the chain guard throws me off a bit...
DSC02426.jpg

DSC02433-1.jpg

after installing some cheapy plastic fenders (forgive me, ha!), and a LED flashlight/headlight mounted using a vintage mic stand, a closed end wrench and the rest of it from a steel piece of vacuum pipe bracket, and a rear ' driver's side tail light using another LED flashlight and a good ol' red sharpie and a second flashlight lens, with more red sharpie for an extra deep red effect! I'll post more pic soon and i have lots of inquiry about doing this thing up JUS' RIGHT!!!!

Cheers again, dR3W

cropduster said:
Hey everybody, my name is dR3W, just came across this site via JoeyMac's AMAZING Spaceliner Flickr album!!!!!

Cheers man! Glad you found your way here! Awesome SpaceLiner, that's pretty much how my first one looked when I brought it home. Now I have too many :oops:

I hope you enjoy the rat rod world and your Spaceliner, which is definitely a Murray Built 'Liner. The chainguard is original, they had that style for a few years before switching it up to the one with the "vent" holes. Yours would have also had a straight tank originally as well.

Welcome.

lovin that spaceliner! i am a big cruiser guy myself and an all chrome cruiser is the next bike on my list. have a good collection of old cruisers myself and i commute everyday to work on either my 59' roadmaster or 62' schwinn american. welcome and you are definatly in the right place. :D

Welcome aboard...very nice spaceliner,... great find especially FREE! :mrgreen: HHHhhmmm are into other items like the MP40 "Schmeisser" :shock:

wow, thanks for the hearty welcome everyone!!! :mrgreen: ya, i am interested in ALL the tips/ tricks y'all can send my way!!!! Here are a few more pics to share...
my light rigs on the Spaceliner....( i wanted to postem earlier but.... )
DSC02441.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

I so wish i could light up the the six red 'jems' on the pedals too...ha!
DSC02447.jpg

And this is my small arsenal (2) so far.... (besides the MP-40 gasser and a Mosin-Nagant M44/52 .. Ha!)
DSC02449.jpg

although there is a '70's woman's Murray Hanging from a hook next door to my work im gonna make an offer toward for my girl so she'll have a cruiser when she's over!!!! I'll take a snapshot maybe you guys can tell me more about it before i bug the neighbor!!!

This is my long distance commuter... a '97 Magna (a la Target) ( and this may be a SIN posting this one here) of which i want to trick out, I already repaced the stock 2.25" mountain tires for some 1.25ers, maybe a new goose neck and new bars.....
DSC02452.jpg

and fenders????????

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you flip the dropouts, left to right, right to left. Then pull the springerpart forward and bolt it back up. It rakes it out and still functions.
100_2667.jpg

Latest posts

Back