Chrome Molly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got another pair of handlebars and added them and tried to install a V brake on the front. It never would get adjusted just right, always rubbed or was too slack so it went back in the box. The rear drum is excellent so I really don't need a front brake. Raining steadily again, but I'll head out if there's a break. I also added new green vinyl to the bike box to match the workbench.

13 Sep new bars3.jpg
13 Sep bars.jpg

I finally took the bike out for as good ride. But by 9am it was already about 100 with the humidity so I walked it back up the mountain.
Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 09-31-04 .png

This shows what streets are unsafe to drive on when dry. All of them are risky when wet.
26 sep 24 ride.jpg

The bike did great on the uneven pavement with the new fork. The 3 speed cluster works well and it shifts fine even with the worn out cogs on the old suntour derailleur. The drum brake is good but I need to add a front brake.
26 sep 24 ride3.jpg

I rode thru the subdivision near mine that is all flat and is kept clean. I tell the gate guard I'm looking to buy a house and lot and they let me in. They don't ask why I'm not driving a car if I can buy a house, must be a good looking bike! :rofl: I might buy a place later.

26 sep 24 ride6.jpg

On the way back I stopped to catch my breath while going up the hill. My subdivision built a row of buildings for commerce, so folks wouldn't be making sari-sari stores out of thier carports. Sari-sari stores are like mini 7-11's, and most neighborhoods have someone selling out of thier house, usually within a minute walk from your doorstep. Of 7 new shops, 5 are sari-sari, all selling the same things right next to each other. No one is making any money. The Ford's were the first to open a store. He was a mountain bike enthusiast when he moved here from New York, but after one trip up the mountain, no more. The sign says "Dirty Ice Cream". Here, that's a favorite and is called dirty because it's made in someone's kitchen and doesn't have to measure up to standards. You take your chances, but not me. I say I can't have sugar and avoid the dirty ice cream.

26 sep 24 ride4.jpg

I really enjoy hearing how life is for you over there, Wildcat. Thanks for the details. As a Canadian who drives on roads covered in snow and black ice, I can't fathom how slippery those roads must be to have to shut them down regularly like that.

I finally took the bike out for as good ride. But by 9am it was already about 100 with the humidity so I walked it back up the mountain.
View attachment 280333

This shows what streets are unsafe to drive on when dry. All of them are risky when wet.
View attachment 280334

The bike did great on the uneven pavement with the new fork. The 3 speed cluster works well and it shifts fine even with the worn out cogs on the old suntour derailleur. The drum brake is good but I need to add a front brake.
View attachment 280335
I rode thru the subdivision near mine that is all flat and is kept clean. I tell the gate guard I'm looking to buy a house and lot and they let me in. They don't ask why I'm not driving a car if I can buy a house, must be a good looking bike! :rofl: I might buy a place later.

View attachment 280337

On the way back I stopped to catch my breath while going up the hill. My subdivision built a row of buildings for commerce, so folks wouldn't be making sari-sari stores out of thier carports. Sari-sari stores are like mini 7-11's, and most neighborhoods have someone selling out of thier house, usually within a minute walk from your doorstep. Of 7 new shops, 5 are sari-sari, all selling the same things right next to each other. No one is making any money. The Ford's were the first to open a store. He was a mountain bike enthusiast when he moved here from New York, but after one trip up the mountain, no more. The sign says "Dirty Ice Cream". Here, that's a favorite and is called dirty because it's made in someone's kitchen and doesn't have to measure up to standards. You take your chances, but not me. I say I can't have sugar and avoid the dirty ice cream.

View attachment 280338
Lots of make shift garage businesses in Florida. They even caught an " undocumented person" doing dental work out of their garage in Naples, Fl.

Florida Man doing dental work outside the restrictions and regulations sounds like a fantastic idea...
For a Halloween costume! That's a nightmare and a half
Wouldn't you stop and ask why is the Dentist's office is in a garage?
I really enjoy hearing how life is for you over there, Wildcat. Thanks for the details. As a Canadian who drives on roads covered in snow and black ice, I can't fathom how slippery those roads must be to have to shut them down regularly like that.
Nope they stay open year round. The police will come if there's a crash, but usually they just slide straight down and miss houses. I have big concrete barriers at the front of the house. They can stop a truck.
House 3 Jun 21.JPG

Wouldn't you stop and ask why is the Dentist's office is in a garage?

Nope they stay open year round. The police will come if there's a crash, but usually they just slide straight down and miss houses. I have big concrete barriers at the front of the house. They can stop a truck.
View attachment 280372
It's under the table procedures done by undocumented people on undocumented people. I'll try to find the story. They had a dentist chair and everything. We have a big underground economy in this state. People go to garages for cosmetic surgery too.
Here is one example: https://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/02/...d-running-dental-practice-out-their-garage-2/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back