CLANCY WAS RIGHT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Clancy (cman) once said....

"There is no such thing as spending time irresponsibly when it comes to bikes. "Honey will you take the garbage out?" (Sure that gives me at least 10-15 minutes in the garage with and excuse)

This afternoon, the kids were watching The Jetsons, the wife was on the computer and I was taking the trash out.

On my way back in, I looked over in the corner of the garage at the set of wheels that came off the root beer colored 80s Cruiser 5 I found a few weeks ago. They were pretty rusty and I have been avoiding them because I hate cleaning wheels. I put one up on the work bench and started in on it with the brass brush and the steel wool. Before I knew it, I had gone over both wheels, removed as much of the oxidation as I could and had washed them down with soap and water and dried them. They actually came out pretty decent and shine good now.

One simple task of taking out a bag of trash ended up in an hour and a half wheel cleaning session.

Yes...it is a sickness. :lol:

Yes it is a sickness.

I dabble in knives. Now I have four less knives than last week, but have four more coasties. Yikes.

ad829487e0bd4c7b939ee09e6a633ac4.jpg

And got this as a gift from the understanding and encouraging other half. Yess!! And it counts!

21832985be7a4b2ea0f7f727355b8872.jpg

hahahaha. It works everytime. Even better when you have a detached garage so they can't just open a door to find you.

Back