Clancy's Snow-play thread. 1-29-14

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This thread will be used to post pictures of playing in the snow for those who are still wearing shorts and painting bikes.

FIRST DAY Skiing

The local ski hill was looking pretty barren and had not opened yet. Monday and Tuesday is snow 24" up there and it opened today. My son in 1st grade suggested we play hookie and go skiing. A couple hours of work then we left for the hill. While it was pea soup fog in town, Bogus Basin was nice and sunny. It felt good to get on skis again. Unfortunately bikes start to take a back seat during this time of year. I usually ski both weekend days and Wednesday nights.

1217091442.jpg

12841_1247566303552_1061260061_30787684_8259272_n.jpg

1217091417.jpg

Then we went to look at lights. The Idaho Botanical Garden lights up all their garden and trees. It is very beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice as the fog messed with the flash. The last picture is from some guy who probably is visible from outer space. :mrgreen:

1217091943.jpg

12841_1247836630310_1061260061_30788289_336842_n.jpg

1217092020.jpg

Re: Clancy's Snow-play thread.

wow cman is that your yard with all the lights? amazing!!!!!! :shock:

Rat Rod said:
Cool stuff! :D

We've got the cold...just not the snow.

I have found for your spirits, it is best to have both.

karfer67 said:
wow cman is that your yard with all the lights? amazing!!!!!! :shock:
Nope, Just some sucker that puts them up so I don't have too. :wink:

Does this count? As you can see, I almost made it to the pathway.

hopperinsnow.png

(apologies for the lousy picture quality :oops: )

Late night winter ride photo tweaked in Photoshop:

hopperatnight.png

We've had an unusually snowy winter this year.

-Mp

I went up skiing today but no pictures. I teach handicap/disabled skiers on Sundays with a organization that is all volunteers. We did go up snowshoeing again. We found some snow caves and an igloo that was fun to play in. My youngest son had fun jumping off rocks too.

SDC10062.jpg

SDC10086.jpg

SDC10095.jpg

SDC10098.jpg

SDC10094.jpg

Here are a couple of shots from the bunny hill. Our local area is still pretty rocky on top but the bunny hill is in fine shape :mrgreen:
frames005.jpg

Here is my 5 year old son in the twenty mile per hour snowplow
frames004.jpg

More snow play... I went skiing one day and mountain biking the next. Pretty wacky weather :?:
This pic is taken on a local trail at an elevation of about 7000 feet. Last year at this time there was 2+ feet of snow.
frames022.jpg

Speaking of whacky weather....it was in the teens a little over a week ago and Wednesday the high is supposed to be 73! :shock:

Mark, Cool pics of the skiing with the kid. What ski area do you go to? Pebblecreek? Our snowlevels are bad on this side of the state but not like yours.

Nice pics from everyone with all that snow! I'm going up to Flagstaff next week, supposed to be some snow up there this week, hopefully it will stick around.

cman said:
Mark, Cool pics of the skiing with the kid. What ski area do you go to? Pebblecreek? Our snowlevels are bad on this side of the state but not like yours.
Thanks Clancy,
Yeah Pebble Creek is about 20 minutes from my house. We are definately having a dry year, but winter aint over yet.

I went up night skiing and racing with some friends. There is a weekly race league that just started. Here is a pic from the lodge area. I should have some more pics later.

0203001809.jpg

First night of the weekly Ski League. We did great and I was the fastest on the team.

20042_1300928557575_1061260061_30912120_5526405_n.jpg

I am going on a backcountry ski trip Tues through Friday. I will have some new pictures to post up next week.
I have been skiing too much lately. 2 days this last weekend, 4 days this week and probably 1 day next weekend-maybe 2 :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of the Sawtooth's in which we we be.

143833.jpg

that last picture makes me crazy. i want to climb those kitties.

i attempted to learn snowboarding, and biffed on my second night, tore up right shoulder. waiting on results of MRI. winter climbing/hiking is over early for me. luckily it's not preventing me from riding.

three weeks ago:

4303960302_b469da7b6a_b.jpg

Man and it looks so easy. I would love to have some of those shoes with the big prongs on the bottom.....could walk around my yard and aerate the soil. :lol: Clancy be careful and hope you make it through it all without injuries. :wink:

Itsfree, That is cool. Did you carry avalanche gear?

The base camp(yurts) where we will be staying is at 8,000ft and we will skin up to 10,000ft. I think the climbing happens mostly during the late spring and summer in the Sawtooths. Many of the peaks keep snow in the summer on the north sides.

Back