clear on bare

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will work,rustoleum paint just takes a while to harden up compared to most other paints

I would suggest spraying bulldog paint adhesion promoter down first.I used it on my higgins and it has held up much better than my bikes without.

heres what worked for me! :wink: strip the frame w/high speed grinder with a brass wire wheel. wipe the whole frame down w/mineral spirits. put a brand new brass wire wheel on and go over the frame again,using it to polish the imperfections and further even out the finish.wipe it down w/mineral spirits again real well! wait about 5 min.then start shooting coats of gloss clear coat evenly over the whole frame till you like it! :D i found that using matte clear coat,will sometimes give it a kinda milky film that you can see!
DSCN0963.jpg

You could have it powder coated.
If I could afford it I would have everything powder coated! I think I will try the rattle can and see if I can find the paint adhesion promoter that ExtraBlaze mentioned. Thanx all for the suggestions! I'll try and post my results afterward.

Latest posts

Back