Clearcoat over Mod Podge?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering doing a theme bike and was wondering if anyone has ever tried Mod Podge on a bike. If ya dont know what it is, its a clear drying sealant for puzzles and such. I am thinking about using pics of my theme idea "sealed" to the bike. I just dont know if it can be clearcoated over. The Mod Podge is water based (i think) so wouldnt last too long. Might just have to try it!!!

Actually it works very well...printed up FBM-GHC logo on paper and Modged them to a pixie frame and it has sat outside in all sorts of crappy weather for the last year and they still look excellent. It acts as a sealeant so really dont see the need to even clear coat them.

the stairwell going to my basement is covered with cd covers and band show flyers i snatched off the net. over 3000 covers.. I printed them on my printer..... 6 cartridges but I got 40 cartridges for 40 bucks on ebay... some people dont list stuff correct hehehe and I used elmers glue... another ebay deal... 70 bottles for 10 bucks including shipping it only used 8 of them this looks alot brighter than it is because of the flash but its a neat effect but be warned it should be cleared with a UV protecting clear because at the top of the stairs where it gets sunlight it fadded fast,,, within a week but it might be from the printer ink too
P2190016.jpg

Back