Cleveland sucks!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...scroll down for pics of my bikes...

Hello eveyone!
My name is Jose Leon and i live in Ohio.
I've been using this website for reference for a little over a year now so i figured why not join the site and become part of this great community. :D
Last year while vacationing in Puerto Rico, I come to a complete stop at a light and when i look over to the right I see about 10-15 "old" bikes approaching the intersection. There were cruisers, muscle bikes, trikes, custome and even unicycles parading down the strip. 5 mins and about 50 bikes later I'm still at the light smilling as I watch the old and young crowd display their trophies right before my eyes. I was hooked!!! I had no idea what or when but right there and then I knew I had to get my hands on a vintage bike.

As soon as I got back to Cleveland I started searching on craigslist and got my hands on a Roadmaster Skyrider Deluxe for 50 bucks. Then I bought a Hiawatha Gambles tank bike, a Huffy muscle bike, a Murray tank bike, a tandem bike for my fiancee and two Schwinn tank bikes from the 50's and a few other. My last buy was a 1964 "Western Flyer" that I picked up about 2 weeks ago.
I don't know much about them still but as I meet more people I learn more and more about the whole vintage bike world. So that's how I started collecting and that's why I decided to join. I look foward to learing more about bikes and let me just apoloqyze now for asking "dumb" questions in the future.

I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to do it... Thanks for reading!

Welcome. I grew up in Sandusky back in the 60's, when you could go ride your bike all day long in bare feet, only stopping to eat, then back out until dark. All summer long.

As for Cleveland, did you know they built bikes there? Until the early 50's, Roadmaster bikes were make by Cleveland Welding Company, and they were, and still are, great bikes. Unions drove them out to Arkanasas, your Skyrider was probably built there in Little Rock in the early 60's. Still a good bike, but not made in Cleveland. The CWC bikes were as good or better than Schwinn.

Post up some pics of your bikes.

I love Sandusky! we go there fishing every once in a while and Cedar Point when I have the extra cash to spend...
I can't figure out how to post pics. I'll like for someone to tell me if my skyrider has a different rear rack that the rest cause i've never seen one like it. i'll figure it out eventually.

sorry about the size of the pics. I'll resize them when i get a chance.
here's my skyrider
Picture008.jpg

any idea if the rear rack is original to this bike????
Picture006.jpg

hiawatha gambles
Picture031.jpg

my girl's tandem. it has a new paint job... chrome needs some polishing still but looks really good
Picture037.jpg

"western flyer" made by murray i believe.. has a spaceliner rear rack i was told by previous owner
Picture009.jpg

Picture015.jpg

western auto tires.. original to the bike so I was told
Picture012.jpg

this is going to be my little one's 1st bike
Picture035.jpg

schwinn bike i picked up at a thrift store
Picture021.jpg

my muscle bike
3k93pb3l55T15U25X6b56511d2354fa851ed6.jpg

Austria made Dilecta bike from the 50's or 60's
Picture033.jpg