Clunkerider's old Norco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is an old early 80's Norco Pinnacle I got used 7 years ago at a used sports store. Well, it has served me well and is still running fine. A new BB and Chain, some tires, fenders, lights, a rack and I have my daily ride for my 6 mile commute to work each day. I still have my eye on the used ads looking for my "rat rod build bike" but no luck yet. For now I will continue to visit this fantstic site for inspiration and continue to ride my clunker on my daily commute and weekend treks.

OldCunkerside.jpg

OldClunker.jpg

I hope the pictures worked...

I like it!

Hey, it does the job well. My co-workers pass me in their cars and trucks and say I am lit up like a Christmas tree. :lol:
But that's what it takes to stay safe on the commute. I also use this bike for day tours, works well on all terrain. Total investment for bike and all the accessories was only $350, seven years ago and now I just replace tires when required.

I may be able to help you with your rat rod build bike search - I'm also in Calgary and have too many projects, not enough time plus I need to free up some space.

-Mp

I live in the NW too! Makes shipping this stuff easy :mrgreen:

Project bike wise I have :

A 1948 Schwinn straight bar frame. I got this from Hooch back in ’06 and I know I won’t get around to finishing it. (I no longer have access to painting facilities). Pictures of the frame can be seen here:

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ba51a1864d

Included with the frame are a straight blade fork, headset, seatpost, AS seatpost clamp, Schwinn seat (pictured on the bike in the above thread), Schwinn S-2 wheels (also pictured in the thread), and some chrome fenders.

The other project bike is aStingRay frame & fork. It’s a 1968 or 69

I also have two complete bikes: one is a stretch limo, the other is a StingRay with a repro Krate fork. Unfortunately I can’t access my photo account from work, so posting pictures will have to wait until this evening.

Shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

-Mp

Back