CM250 Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a new project for the last couple of weeks and I finally found something in my price range that wasn't a total wreck. It's a 1982 Honda CM250 that someone smoked the clutch on then it sat in a garage for the last 15 years. I want to build and old skool stripped down bobber but I have to find a new engine because the one in it now is only an electric start (not cool :lol: ) and I have to pretty much rebuild the whole frame into a low and lean hardtail.

100_9197.jpg

I built a jig last night out of some strut, there is probably an easier way to build one but I didn't feel like welding anything that late so I just bolted everything together. :lol:

100_9207.jpg

My camera has been tripppin out but I got a new one and I finally got around to taking some pics. Hopefully I can finish welding the frame today but I still can't find an engine. :x

P1000014.jpg

heck yes! i wish i had welding skills to make mine a hardtail frame. just strutted for me.. likin the new bars :D how high are those puppies?

thesuicideride said:
heck yes! i wish i had welding skills to make mine a hardtail frame. just strutted for me.. likin the new bars :D how high are those puppies?

They're around 14" tall, I wanted to throw some bars on it to get an idea of what it would look like and those were the only 7/8" bars I had that weren't BMX.

Why not just use an electic start?
This can be a fun bobber, but in the end, it's still a 250cc machine (no offence meant, I like smaller bikes myself).
Personally, I'd build it with electric start and have a lot of fun with it....
Nobody is going to care that it has an electric start.

)
Social Reject said:
Why not just use an electic start?
This can be a fun bobber, but in the end, it's still a 250cc machine (no offence meant, I like smaller bikes myself).
Personally, I'd build it with electric start and have a lot of fun with it....
Nobody is going to care that it has an electric start.

The engine that came with it has a clutch problem so I tore into it but what it would cost to fix would almost be as much as I paid for the whole bike and I like kicking it way better and there's less electrical( :x) .

i just ripped a mop heads worth of useless wiring off my kz. kick only is cool, but not when its 97 degrees and it will not fire :x. your build is lookin sharp man. at least your stock tank is cool. kaws look U.G.L.Y. i gotta find a new little sportster tank because the dude is doin a take back :(

Latest posts

Back