Coast King and Rat Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went out and picked up a Coast King and while I was there the guy starts talking about some yard art he has. Tells me to take a look and if I want it I can have it. Yes.... its now home. 54' Schwinn with a springer fork that someone cut years ago, welded in some galvanized pipe and built a chopper. Cool to think some kid was rockin this back in the day

100_4168_zps96b2a70b.jpg

100_4176_zps3a280412.jpg

Moving it around surprised me. The forks were much more stable than I would have expected. Safe.... no. Cool none the less

Cool, I'm sure with a banana seat putting the rider's weight further back over the rear wheel it would probably be okay.

(I am not responsible for medical bills incurred if I'm wrong about that) :mrgreen:

Funny you would say that. I was just looking at banana seats. Video coming soon (against my better judgement)

Nice Coast King! You don't find those often!

both are great finds.

diggin' the Coast King - I have a Huffy badged one, that's the twin framewise, someone had made a tall bike from mine back in the day, I ripped it down and still unsure how to rat it out.
LOVE the matching blue stripe pedals, just killer.

Chopper looks like something we'd have tried back in the 70s, unsafe or not, not sure I wanna ride it though, remember breaking some of those homebuilt shopper forks when I was like 14-15, not good then when I was 150 lb lighter, oops.

good start to a klunker build though :)

Back