Coast King..Help..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coast King cruiser...

Hi,
This is my first cruiser that I am trying to save/bring back to life... It's a Coast King bike and I need some help. I am trying to find out the year and model of this bike. I know Coast King was sold out of coast to coast hardware stores and Huffy took over at one point. Any info will be great. Like does this model have a tank?
Thank you,
serial number: 6171004 for what I can see.
100_0033-1.jpg
[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h441/cdugan16/100_0031.jpg

100_0035-1.jpg

Welcome! Your bike looks to be built by the Chain Bike Co., makers of Ross bikes. Probably from the early-mid 60s, though there isn't any info to pinpoint the exact year. Some of these did have small tanks, many didn't. Chances are, if it did have one originally, the paint on the underside of the top bar will be in better condition where it was covered. -Adam

Thank you for leaving a post for me. Any information is great! I am very interested in knowing this bike. Do you know of any good books to reference any history or photos for this kind of bike?

cd2459 said:
Thank you for leaving a post for me. Any information is great! I am very interested in knowing this bike. Do you know of any good books to reference any history or photos for this kind of bike?

There really isn't. There's some history of CBC/Ross on the net, and a few pics of old bikes here and there, but that's about it. -Adam

Latest posts

Back