Coast King Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,

I just bought this at an auction for $30 and thought it would be fun to restore it. I've never restored a bike before and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what i have. It says Coast King on it and Sky Warrior on the chain guard, but I can't seem to find anything about that model online. Here's a pic: http://imgur.com/TL4R8fz

Also, can anyone recommend some good literature to read before starting this project?

Thanks

I am sure someone here will be able to help you.
The place to ask the question would be in the Bike I.D./Valuation area: viewforum.php?f=62
Also, don't forget to do an intro here: viewforum.php?f=9

Welcome aboard!

Luke.

I cant tell you to much about your bike but what I know is this bike was
sold at Coast to Coast hardware stores and looks to be a late 50s model.
They branded all their bikes as "Coast King" I just rebuilt one for my
grandson.
Mark

Awesome. Thanks for the help everyone. I found the serial number on it and its 5969010. Does that mean its a 1959? 1969? Also, can anyone send me a link to where the moderator moved the forum? I'm a little new to the site and cant find it.

Thanks again.

Dohhnut said:
Awesome. Thanks for the help everyone. I found the serial number on it and its 5969010. Does that mean its a 1959? 1969? Also, can anyone send me a link to where the moderator moved the forum? I'm a little new to the site and cant find it.

Thanks again.

Yes, it's a 59. CBC/Ross bikes have the 2 digit year, later ones have an R and then the year. -ADam

Latest posts

Back