Coasters 2011 Year In Review

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011 was another busy, fun-filled year for the Coasters. We do so many varied activities, events, shows and rides. Very fortunate to have such an active club and great bunch of bike people here! Check out (most) everything we did last year...

January
New Year's Day Pot-Luck Dinner and Ride in Belair.

March
St Patrick's Day Parade in the historic Delano district.

April
2nd annual Midwest Bicycle Swap in Haysville.
The Canal Cruise - a ride along Wichita's canal path.

May
Tour De Cure - Coasters rode to raise money for American Diabetes Association.
Tandem Night 5 - our annual tandem ride at the Pub Pedal.

June
Pedal Mania - The Coasters hosted a bike show and bike games as part of Wichita's River Festival.
Smoky Hill River Festival in Salina - Coasters put on a great bike display and ride demo area.
Planeview Pedal - We rode the Planeview bike path to a charity bike give-away in Planeview.
5th annual 20 Inch Night at the Pub Pedal.

July
Red, White & New Belgium - A combination of a New Belgium sponsored ride (which didn't happen) and our patriotic pub Pedal. We drank New Belgium beer and then did our own ride.
7th annual Art Of The Bicycle including World's Largest bike Ride and the Saturday Swapmeet.
Bicycle Spoketacular in Salina - Coasters displayed bikes at the Kustom Kemps car show.

August
Delano Block Party - Thursday night Pub Pedal ride and party to celebrate new bike racks in the historic Delano district.

September
Coasters went to Ft Collins, Colorado to atend the Tour De Fat.
7th annual Midwest Bicycle Fest in Haysville.

October
Partridge Pedal Party in Partridge.
Ride To The Past - Coasters put on an antique bicycle display as part of this National Family History Month event.
Ride to see the Phantom - we rode to watch this classic silent film Phantom Of The Opera accompanied by live organ music.
Hallowheelie - our annual Pub Pedal Halloween ride.

November
Toys For Tots Ride - Coasters rode and donated toys for Christmas.

December
Ratrodbikes.com Auction Bike Ride - a ride to celebrate the completion of this auction bike.
5th annual Christmas Lights Cruise at the Pub Pedal
Historic Delano Holiday House Tour Ride - rode to tour decorated historic Delano homes.
Believe In Christmas - Coasters helped build and give away 500 new bicycles.

I made it to 20 of the listed Coasters BC events, and I work second shift, so I miss out on most of the weekly Thursday night rides, but I use vacation so I get off work to ride on the theme nights, and I ride the weekend events when possible. The Coasters know how to have a great time on two wheels. Its great to be a part of the bike scene in ICT.
Ratfink1962 said:
udallcustombikes said:
Thanks for all you do documenting the events and getting everything up on the interwebs, Randy.

+1 8)
+1 8)

I didn't know much about Kansas till I seen all your postings, you guys ROCK!!!!, wouldn't it be cool if we did regional bike club meets meets once a year, kinda like some of the big car clubs, I don't personally know how many I could make, but if I made at least one it would make my year :wink:

Gold Street Customs said:
wouldn't it be cool if we did regional bike club meets meets once a year, kinda like some of the big car clubs, I don't personally know how many I could make, but if I made at least one it would make my year :wink:

Way ahead of you dude :D
I think we call that event... Midwest Bicycle Fest

Thanks for all the comments.

I think I did them all except Tour De Fat and the Bicycle Spoketacular.

And for those that don't know... in addition to all of these events there is a weekly Pub Pedal.

Lately I've only been making the special themed Pub Pedals.

It's amazing how much we do considering there's no leader or organization. Seems to work well. Dan and I we're joking New Year's that we're the "UnClub"

Back