Cobra Cycles Flat Track Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been lurking on this site for almost a year or more now, and I thought you guys might be interested in seeing something from a new person. I bought one of those 4stroke kits and built a bike with that, but soon got fed up with the lack of quality and how slow it was. So I decided to build my own. Over the past 6 months I have been building this in my kitchen (literally in my kitchen) and I just finished it today. It uses a gx200 clone with a cvt and has a top speed in the high 60's low 70's. On the test ride I let off the throttle around 65ish. I hope this can be a inspiration to a few people.
I also posted this at motorbicycling.com a lot of questions have been answered there if you have any.
http://motorbicycling.com/f38/cobra-cyc ... 28071.html

3-20-11right.jpg

3-20-11left.jpg

3-20-11right34.jpg

3-20-11left34.jpg

3-20-11tank.jpg

3-20-11mefast.jpg

wow thats fast this is the engine i want to use do you have oiling issues with it mounted straight up like that?

karfer67 said:
wow thats fast this is the engine i want to use do you have oiling issues with it mounted straight up like that?
The engine is having no oiling issues, I was a little worried about this at first but I only payed about $80 for the engine so I figured why not. I do add more oil than recommend to make up for the difference. The manual says to use half a quart but I use almost 1 quart maybe a little less, but I have had no cooling or oiling issues. Thanks for all the positive responses too guys.

Man, you have really done something nice. Everything about it is cool.

Wonder if you have build pictures?

Awesome.

Back