Coca Cola tandem "tandemonium!" 3/21

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Coca Cola tandem "tandemonium!" 9/14

Gold and black together work well w/red background, maybe not so much w/ the white. How about if you leave a red stripe between the white and whatever other color you use? :|

looking good to me! i'd leave the black stripes too :wink:
oh yea, don't forget the Coke cooler!!! :lol:
100_1632.jpg

That little cooler is pretty neat. I think he wants to find an old wood Coke crate to put on the rear rack, but a little cooler would be, well, cooler :lol:
The headbadge decal that CCR got for me is red,white, blue, and goldish brass. I was thinking about maybe a dull gold, or even a medium gray might look good, just not sure yet.
Maybe I'll post some photoshop'd pics up and let you guys vote.

Re: Coca Cola tandem "tandemonium!" 10/1

Ok, finally decided on gold pinstriping to match the decals. I'm not proud of myself, but I used 3M pinstripe tape. Gold is a tough paint to lay down, and I didn't feel like wet sanding again if I wasn't happy with it. I'm very content with the pinstripe and decal result, and now they're under 12 coats of clear so it's final. Waiting for some new cranks and seats to arrive at the bike shop and then it's ready for assembly.

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

looks good :mrgreen:
sorry i woudve said this earlier had i caught it before now...im guessing what was bothering you about the black stripes is they needed to be about 1/16-1/8" at the most and extended about 1-2" past the scallops(yeah i know....a day late and a dollar short)....

oh yeah !!! the seat tubes go nicely too :) slap that puppy together and show us the rest of the bike !!!

i like the gold the best. maybe cuz it matches the headbadge. :wink: and its also an understaded color in pinstriping. rarely used.

Very cool. One of the best tandem frames out there with all the curves.

Re: Coca Cola tandem "tandemonium!" 3/19

Alright, this build has been on hiatus long enough, last time I touched it was October :shock: . Had some major problems when I cleared the frame, it did not like the striping or the decals. Luckily I was able to wet sand it out and save it, not fun. I still need to finish the chainguard, just not sure how I want it to look. It's super long and really skinny, giggity, gonna take some thought to look cool. Convinced the owner to run cantilever brakes up front, a rear coaster just aint gonna cut it. I really need to buckle down and get this thing done...

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Made a little progress today. Two steps forward, one step back would describe it best. These fenders just will not fit right. I've notched the rear where the seatstays touched, still doesn't look right :x . The front fender had fitment issues where the forks came into the fork crown, made some relief bends, still doesn't look right :x . My only option is opening the holes up on the fender braces and try to pull the fenders closer to the tires. May end up finding new fenders if that doesn't work.

IMG_3845.jpg

That bike is looking sweet! We have one like that and I am trying to figure out how much effort I want to put into "restoring" it. I have new handlebars, saddles, wheels, tires, chain. I will likely get it painted and try to get some new fenders (that will hopefully fit). I like your idea of swapping out the fork and adding front brake. I only have a coaster brake on mine (so far), we don't do any big hills...

I am curious as to how you end up on the fenders. What size tires are you using?

Please continue to update us on your progress.

wow, old post. :lol: but yes, im curious to see progress. hey ds, could you post an intro in the INTRO section? just to get to know you an all. :wink:

I had the exact same fender problems. I had to shorten the fender braces and drill new holes about 1/2 inch back from the original. The fender edges now pretty much follow the white walls.

Latest posts

Back