code name" RAPTOR"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you are about to see is for everybodys eyes only!!!!

so here is our build . Mason was givin an old BMX bike and asked if we could make it better-stronger-faster....lolol so I asked just what would like it to look like? is said army dad

IMG_0089.jpg

I reaaly wanted him to do most of it and man he did a great job! I just took care of the old rusty bolts and let him rumage through the tool box to do the rest

IMG_0091.jpg

with the help of the neighbour's sand blaster I had him clean all the parts up.......

IMG_0211.jpg

had him give it a coat of paint ....man I need a paint booth when the kid paints lolol a few runs but hey!

IMG_0205.jpg

will post some more soon

glad you shared that Mur,
but I don't think that one qualifies for the Build off....

or maybe it does.. :?: I haven't read the rules in so long...
I hope it does ..that would be cool for your son...

But that new Purple one that you bought for your
Daughter probably will qualify in the next build off..

which will start shortly after this one :?: :?: ...I hope! :lol:
which I think is going to be a "Kids Bike Build off"

good to have yaa here Mur,

Kev.

Here's your chance to build the ultimate Rat Rod Bike. Follow the rules below and have fun! We're keepin' this thing pretty loose so don't get yourself in a knot. :shock:

Participants should use their thread as a journal including write ups and photos.

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off.
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be rideable.
7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).
9. Paint must be applied by builder...rattle can style.
10. KEEP IT CHEAP...remember...IT'S A RAT ROD!!!!

Winner gets a Rat Rod Bikes T-Shirt.

You must post your completed bike by March 31, 2007.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST.

See the following thread to post questions and comments:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=506

Now get ta buildin'!

Oh well! ..... not much care to be hounest..... not really sure what number 4 means for when I built my 1929 Ford Model A Rat Rod it started as a built stock Model A Ford

besides the kids and I are buildin bikes together for the family fun of it...not for hardwear. sorry for postin here! would it be better to move this post or change the tittle? again sorry

anyway I would like to show the rest of the build for the boy would like share it with you all.

we cleaned up all the parts and kept everything stock being that this is his first build. We hope to start mods as he becomes more confident in his skills ......crawl before we walk.......

IMG_0245.jpg

we felt the titanium would be a good mix with the OD green

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

and with a little help from mon and her sign machine from school we made us the stickers

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

and with a little help from dad's sewing machine (never did a bike seat before)

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

No problemo Firewalker...you're not the first to post a finished bike in here :wink:

I think #4 was intended to make people build a bike specifically for this build off. There was a certain time frame everyone had to build a bike and the goal of this section was to keep a diary of the bike you were building.

You should repost this bike and the progress pics in the "Bike Gallery" section.

Very cool bike by the way. :mrgreen:

keep on postin man, I enjoy the pics of progress, sides i think they were talkin bout the builder must paint w/a rattle can for the build off rules to even out the competition anyway, since not everyone has the high-dollar refinishin equip layin around, plus thats the true Rat Rod way IMO. I think that the #4 was already bold to make sure people couldnt just show a bike the had already built.

I always dig the Army color schemes, love the flat green and smooth silver, especially with that seat, lookin slick man !!! reminds me of the old Army Jeep Deuce flat beds dillys with all the NO STEP lettering too.

thanks for the input!.....the bike was just finished 3-4 days ago, it has not been riden much ....just will not stop rainning around here!

and thanks for the compliment CCR , just to let you know that is rattle can paint on the bike. If you look back a few picture you will see the rattle can green with all the parts.

I have my father to thank for learnin how to paint!...... and all the time he spent with me :D It's nice to see that my son picked up the skill faster than I :D

I can post a little info if you would like on using a rattle can....???

Firewalker said:
... just to let you know that is rattle can paint on the bike. If you look back a few picture you will see the rattle can green with all the parts....

ahhh, i thought from the pic post you ment you had the neighbor sandblast AND paint the frame, i just figured the spray can was primer for the forks and bars :wink: I'm actually pretty decent with the rattler, did my scooter a while back and just finished my lawnmower yesterday :) thanks for the offer though, wouldnt mind seein how you cut/stitch the seat together though !!! I used ta think sewing was for girls, nowa little older and i like to think wiser i realize you dont just make dresses :D

aka_locojoe said:
Welcome.
That bike is great! So is the upholstery work. Would be neat to do your own custom seats. I'd like to see what you could do with a cruiser style seat.

Ratrod can you move this thread to the proper place?

Unfortunately I have no idea how to move a thread. :roll: I tried figuring this out before with no luck...I'll keep looking.

Under this window on this forum as an administrator, there should be some boxes that say move, split, etc. Choose move.

move.jpg

Then it will ask if you want to leave a shadow on this forum, choose no.

shadow.jpg

Larry said:
Under this window on this forum as an administrator, there should be some boxes that say move, split, etc. Choose move.

move.jpg

Then it will ask if you want to leave a shadow on this forum, choose no.

shadow.jpg

WOW...awesome...thanks Larry!!! I never saw this because the template I am using has the icons for these features at the very bottom of the page and they are extremly tiny with no text near them. It took me a while to find them after I new what to look for. Had to hover the cursor over them just to see the alt text. :roll:

buttons.jpg

Firewalker said:
Well we can do that!,,,,,

Kev if you have one, and can bring one over to me, lets have a go! :D

I would be interested too !!! A white seat w/ a Monogram cursive "E" to be more specific, somethin like that sound possible ? if not Im easy to please, dont know if I could hand you a seat, but I could definately mail you one (and cover the shippin comin back) !!! BTW the green / white interior looks insanely nice, I always liked bench seats over bucket seats.

well anything is paossible :D

can you guys post some pictures of the seats that you are talking about?

aswell......... I talked to Kev (clothspin) tonight and he said he has some seats that mite just work....one real old school one :D maybe we can do it WWII style, saddle brown like in the bombers

Back