coed cruiser: resurrected and finished!? 11/19/11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: co-ed cruiser: update 8/22 and seat post question!

deorman, g-ratter,1manta: Thanks for the suggestions. Now I have three possible solutions to the seat post problem! Stay tuned...

Re: co-ed cruiser: 9/11. Very slow progress!

Ran into significant problems with my seat post. It turned out there was a subtle dent in the seat tube. I had to pound a seat post in a couple of times to try to straighten it out. There was also some rust inside the seat tube that was binding the seat post. I tried to find some kind of stiff wire brush to clean out the tube but ended up using a half round file and pushing wads of steel wool through the tube to clean it.
Manged to do a mock up this evening. Next will be paint and trying to come up with a rear rack. More to follow!
Julliesbikeproject040.jpg

co-ed cruiser: ressurected and finished!?

After collecting dust in my shop for a year, finally finished my daughter's bike. She (the art major) requested painting it white so it can be a "canvas" for future embellishmnet!
113.jpg
114.jpg

barefoot pedals, as requested
118.jpg

laid back seat post with restored girls persons saddle
117.jpg

recessed rear sprocket and new dropouts to achieve adequate space for 24 x 3 rear tire
115.jpg

I think it actually looks good just plain white. Will post an updated picture if she decorates it!

Back