Colson Rat Flyer- New shoes and new pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got my Christmas present to myself in the mail today so I had to go and throw a bunch of parts at it.

'34 Colson Frame set from rustyspoke66
Seat from Ratfink1962 (who got it from garagegoon)
Tires from 65rat
Wheel set from indchuck
Stem from 450redrider
Everything else I had lying around

2011-01-14142717.jpg

2011-01-14142729.jpg

2011-01-14142737.jpg

Re: Colson Rat

Very cool ! i guess that's purdy much what we do here is build bike's from eachothers parts :) ,i almost got that frame set i like the patina on it ,but i wonder what's behind that door hmmmmmm... :?:

udallcustombikes said:
E
A.S.BOLTNUT said:
but i wonder what's behind that door hmmmmmm... :?:

I have nothing to hide!
IMG_0083.jpg
Actually your hiding a purple 20" frame behind the fridge with the springer I want :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol: :lol: thought i might get you to open the door ,but that's not what i expected :| :?

Nothing like a natural Colson.

I also drooled over this thing while it was up... good to see it rollin' right again 8)

I have a crank that would looks good with this beast, I'll get a picture of it later.

What's up with the skip tooth looking cog on the "low" end of the rear cluster on the Screamin' Indian / Orient Express bike? Is that modified or original?

aka_locojoe said:
I really like that stem on it. Think it would look even better if you could get it to match the patina of the forks.

The side of the forks you can see in the pictures is darkened from a repair. I chose the black stem over the stamped steel ones in my parts bin because it does match the black wheels. Maybe some black grips would help it out until I can find a rusty forged steel one?

Back