Colson Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ratfink,

Take a look at craigslist California then go to inland empire type in Colson there is one for sale it has been for sale for along time asking to much for the shape it's in and not original parts seats/fenders but there are some good parts on it chain guards/ cranks/chain/ drop stand ext. I thought of calling and offering a low ball price for it because there are a few good and hard to find parts on it not that I need them but you now how it goes as soon as it's gone I will need something or know some one that does.

He, yes Ive seen that one. and yes it would be a good start.

I did get the chain guards for mine, paid less than $100 for the pair :shock:

Working on trying to put together a set of correct fenders and flat braces, or something really really close to correct.

Also working on figuring out what saddles to use. Bought a Men's Troxel.... just received it today... but I dunno, not feeling it. I dont think it looks the part so I may still be on the lookout.

It seems like the hard part for me, is getting correct info. I have seen a catalog page for the tandem and it helps but it is still pretty vague as far as what parts are used. I want to stay as close as possible to stock. I know there are people out there that know, but trying to get info out of some of them is like pulling teeth. With that being said I do appreciate the help I have received up to this point.

rat1.jpg

rat2.jpg

rat3.jpg

Here are some pic"s of mine if you need any closeups of something specific for referance let me know. Nice to see another nice bike get to see another day.Keep me posted on progress.

Yes it is OG paint let me know when you need some close up pics sorry they got cut off first time using photo bucket I don't know what happen there.Hey bike junkie one or two rides to get use to but after that it's a blast. I like to ride it alone on the back seat you can really get people to stop and scratch there head it's classic !!!!.

Back