columbia 3 star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my fourth refurbished bike. a Columbia 3 star 75% and 25% of misc spareparts... sprayed it with a flat color paint . :D

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

nice work, like the overall look of the bike ,and that front light i have a 5 star superb (original) and all its missing is the top of that light ! 8)

big AL said:
That pelongs inside the house on display when not riding it. 8) 8)

hahahaha .. all the bikes are riders! .. i wish i could keep them inside the house! :lol: here are the two/four!.

IMG_2956.jpg

see?, i cant even find a place inside for my ref :lol:

Roland

MAN! Super paint scheme! The muted grayish green combo is perfectly suited for that bike!

Definite eye candy!

Joe

Wow, very little chrome. You painted the bars, stem, cranks, rims, headset. I see the hubs were spared. If I were you, I'd be half tempted to just go all the way and paint the rest of the parts, seatpost, trusses, light and hubs. What kind of paint did you use? You did all the detail work by hand or from stencils? That style of Columbia tanks is their best one I think.
The whole things really ties together well. Pedals and the tires are holding it back.
My Columbia says what's up.
aabikebike.jpg

the bike parts came from various sources and they're really very rusty, and i have to cover it . The paint i used is a spray paint in can. Its a Flat colored paint used to retouch miltary vehicles and our air soft guns and paraphernalias?,.. has a limited colors only. basically the colors of a comouflage. (i think the brand is COMOUFLAGE?) The detailing is manually done using a masking tape. :D

roland

.... good masking skills. Sorry for the inquisition, but what kind of tape did you use? I've had trouble with the flexible painters tape, never gets a clean edge. Electrical tape and pinstripe tape has worked best for me. Good color choice btw, you created a military look without it being like an "army bike".

Back