Columbia Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kustom Kreator said:
Thanks! Kota, go back and re-read my post about photobucket.......
My friend who is going to Tig it for me has a Jr. Dragster in his shop that he has to finish up so he will not be able to weld my bike for a week or so. That's ok, it'll give me some time to get the bike disassembled and do some other things on it.
Anybody know how to get this kickstand apart??

IMG_0661.jpg
Usually I go for a 9'' grinder and a hammer but thats just me. :lol: :roll:

I would get the punch on that cap and tap it off real easy like. I'm bettin there is a pin going down threw the stand it's self and tap it out also. But hey i've never messed with one like that sooo good luck. Keep us posted. The bike look awsome. 8)

Maddogrider is correct the pin is on the chainring side you will have to put the kickstand about 1/2 way up you should be able to access the pin. tap it out then remove the cap. I took one out on sunday. good luck. your bike looks killer

I was toying around with fenders tonight trying to see what looks good. These are the fenders I have to work with. I think they're middleweight fenders but that's ok with me.
IMG_0662.jpg

I'll probably bob the back fender something like this.....
IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

I was also playing around with this rack which is a Columbia piece.
IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

It didn't look good with the bobbed back fender though.........
IMG_0668.jpg

I was also seeing which chain guard looked best. Still undecided, what do you guys think?????
IMG_0667.jpg

Front fender
IMG_0669.jpg

Oh I just remembered I had some balloon bike peaked fenders that may look good.
IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

The front fender brackets don't fit too well and would need modification.
IMG_0672.jpg

Seriously I need some opinions now. My head is kind of spinning with the different options. I'm starting to like the balloon fenders now. Although the smaller middleweight fenders give the bike a kind of hot rod look. Like something a kid in the 50's would do to make his bike lighter. Now I am really comfused :?:

I like the rack with the longer fender, looks like the fender could be a little fatter thow. I also like the chain gaurd that came on it. Thats a good lookin bike man. 8)

Hey guys, I just edited the previous post so take a look at the new pics.
These shots show it with the rack.
IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

This one just shows the peak of the fenders because It's hard to see in the other pics.
IMG_0675.jpg

Hey sensor, which chain guard? They're both Columbia guards. I assume you mean the one that says Columbia on it?? I could always just paint both guards and decide later. The stem is one I just threw on way back when just to get the bike rideable with those bars. And by the way, the bike is getting heavy now! Hey Magic Rat, where are you? Still breathing those fumes from your electrolysis rust remover??? I need your input too. How do you guys think it would look with a repro phantom headlight?

itd look good BUT........i bought one of those when i was going to build my b6 back to original and they take quite abit of finessing to get them to fit right(the steel ones.... dont know about the new plastic ones) and yeah i meant the full chainguard thats not primed yet

Hey John my opinion means nothing.

Its YOUR bike,build it YOUR way and DONT CARE what anybody else thinks about it.

Are you building it for yourself,or crowd approval?

Please dont take this as a 'direct shot'.Its for EVERYBODY on here!!!

I'm having a hard time deciding on the fenders. You'll have to come over and check it out. We'll play around with it a little and try things out. Sound good?

I bought that seat post well over a year ago Eddie and it's the prime reason I changed the seat tube to the larger Diameter. I picked it up at one of the online bike places.

I like both sets of fenders, but I think the balloon ones look better with the rack and the primered guard. I know its a tough choice picking parts, you have a lot of cool parts to pick from. But like you said the bobbed rear fender with no rack looks "hot rod." its a tough choice.

wow! What an amazing build!
Personaly, I like the blue fenders and the blue chainguard more. The blue fenders look more special so i think they better fit to that top frame tube. Besides that, I guess the bobbed red fenders wouldn't catch anyones eye when they're hidden by the rack.
But that's just my 2 cent from overseas.

Back