Columbia Thunderbolt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this after work yesterday. It has wierd textured sidewalls on the tires. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

ColumbiaThunderbolt002-vi.jpg

ColumbiaThunderbolt001-vi.jpg

Re: Clumbia Thunderbolt

The sidewalls are just gumwalls that have dried out.

It's unusual to find chromed Columbia frames. I've only seen a couple like that. Definitely a cool frame to have. The lugs suggest late 70s or 1980s.

Ok...gotcha. When he said the tires were original I though he was referring to the leopard-like look to them. I like it for the chrome frame. It's really in good shape and needs cleaned.

Finally brought it home. It'll get new red tires & grips and a good detailing and servicing. It's really in good shape. I couldn't beat the price either......$4 :shock: :shock:

Chips_Mahoy said:
Finally brought it home. It'll get new red tires & grips and a good detailing and servicing. It's really in good shape. I couldn't beat the price either......$4 :shock: :shock:
You lucky dog! Nice find! If you wanna do some swapping on it let me know.

outskirtscustoms said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
You lucky dog! Nice find! If you wanna do some swapping on it let me know.
I'm not sure what it's fate will be. It may wind up as Greg's college campus cruiser IF he doesn't build him another rat ride for school.

Latest posts

Back