Comfort vs. Cool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

How do you build your bikes?...

For Comfort of riding or the Coolness of a static pose?

I build mine about 50/50.

I build mine for comfort, with a splash of coolness. Remember what you may think is cool, is not always looked at as cool to other folks. :mrgreen:

I travel with two bikes when I go to a group ride. First bike is my show bike which is a very ridable bike with a Nexus 8 but is not the most comfortable bike in the world to ride. If there are any hills or we are going to ride more than five or six miles I ride my Nirve Deviate the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden...Kelly

COMFORT FIRST!!........Knees hitting your chin........arms extended straight out.......ARGH!!

easy one for me
looks
as long as you like it and think its looks bad as all git out i don't care what anybody else says
this whole opinion may change in the futre seeings i'm only 15 and can still mange to do it
but for now LOKS are the most important

apes = comfy
wide springy seat = comfy
low gearing = comfy
air in tires = comfy

everything else is for looks

if your on a 20" your sacrificing comfort for coolness in the first place :mrgreen:

If your good, you can get both. 8)
027-3.jpg
I didn't just cut this bike up and weld it back together, I spend a lot of time with a tapemeasure and a sharpie! I taylored it to my height, 6'3", and it was a sweet rider including a 14 mile trip.

I'm greedy, I like both. Depending on the build of course(no crazy geometry etc), if everything goes right in the planning and components, I don't think you have to sacrifice either one.

Cool.....all the way.

If it doesn't Hurt when your Done a 3 hour Ride...
.....then you need to find a Knarlier Brooks Saddle :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your Bike should have at Least one Part that will break through Skin
and damage a major Organ if you skip off a Curb. :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D

Kev.

looking cool is a necessity, but im over the looks first rideability second thing. i dont mind a lil stretch of the arms or legs, but if i get 2 blocks away and im thinkin i dont wanna ride this bike anymore, time to get rid of it. when it comes to bikes that are strictly for show..those dont get ridden so thats where the craziness can go unchecked!
fast eddie outty

Aim for 50/50 here but thats gotta slide from time to time. For the god of cool, sometimes you just gotta open a big can of harden the heck up.

definately cool, if i can work comfort into the build and have it look great then i will do that :p

i'm into slim seats like brooks saddle's and old messenger seats

definately cool, if i can work comfort into the build and have it look great then i will do that :p

i'm into slim seats like brooks saddle's and old messenger seats

o man
i was with you til little narrow seats
OUCH!
more power to ya!

Well when im building it, iTS ALL LOOKS! Seat slammed, bars war out in front of you. I go ride over my buddys house. Show off, Get back home at like 1 in the morning, JEEZE O' PETES! I then open the garage and adjust everything for comfort, One thing i learned with my 2 low riders, THEY ARE IMPOSSABLE TO MAKE COMFERTABLE. Lol

Back