(Completed) 1935 Rollfast Motobike - U.S. Army Military Police

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the Rollfast Motobike as I acquired it.
Someone had long ago painted it red/white.
This will be my entry to the "Build Off 11 Bikes".
5ygfgy.jpg

210xcle.jpg

The Rollfast was stripped down and sent off for powder coating.
j08w7a.jpg

2a5x1d2.jpg

2aakjfb.jpg

wiev.jpg

All the parts were cleaned and lubricated.
2zflanm.jpg

Last edited:
Is it cast metal? Cast metal doesn't like to cooperate. If it isn't, I would probably clamp it on one edge in a vise with a piece of scrap hardwood to a piece of the proper diameter tube (maybe even a little smaller than the head tube to account for memory) then I'd try hand bending it to conform to the tube. If that didn't work I'd use another piece of hardwood for protection to hammer it into place. Worst case, I'd try heating it to get it to conform, but that would discolor it. Thing is, it's probably cast, in which case, I'd love to hear if there is a way to work it, and even if it isn't, the varying thicknesses will make it very difficult to get it to bend evenly.

Bike is looking good.
Headbadge looks good, too... bending it seems tricky.
Good Luck.

Nice start great frame & fork that head badge looks really nice but bending it with out breaking or damaging it may not be possible. If your putting a chain guard on the bike maybe you could mount it there on a flat area [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another possibility for mounting the badge is to fabricate a bracket that would mount between the fender and fork to hold the badge.

Or, you could fab a bracket similar to a headlight bracket that would mount on the handlebar stem?

Both would rotate with the fork/bars, but it would be in the right general location....

I like where this is going!

How about fabricating a backing plate (wood/aluminum/whatever) with the right diameter to mount to the head tube and a flat surface to mount the badge? It wouldn't need to be as wide as this pic shows, or even as wide as the badge.

headbadge%2Bmount.jpg

I like where this is going!

How about fabricating a backing plate (wood/aluminum/whatever) with the right diameter to mount to the head tube and a flat surface to mount the badge? It wouldn't need to be as wide as this pic shows, or even as wide as the badge.

headbadge%2Bmount.jpg

This is a better approach! Now make it out of aluminum or hard plastic, then trace the badge shape and cut to shape!

Chop shop laid back [emoji1303] nice saddle also . I need one for my board tracker ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome great idea & no heat looks perfect [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back