compressor vs. cans

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paint with a compressor or cans?

• spray paint cans

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Spray gun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting my dad a spray gun for his air compressor (so I could use it to paint bikes ofcourse). I was wondering if there are any advantages over cans. I figure clean up is one disadvantage.

In the right hands a decent spray gun is going to give you a better finish than cans. But I've seen some flawless rattle can finishes.

The main advantage to a spray gun is that the variety of colors is endless since you can mix your own.

You can paint a lot of bikes with rattle cans for the price of a decent spray rig and all the associated paraphenalia.

Brush

I think a real rat rod should be painted with an old dirty brush...and house paint :mrgreen:

quality is better with a gun IMO but spraybombs can look just as good with alot less cost (and easier), its bout $30 MINIMUM every time i get a color mixed, doesnt include costs for mixin supplies, addatives, cleaner filters & screens and so on ....

just depends on what youd be happy with and how often it would come in handy

spray bomb and rattle can = can of spray paint

i vote spray gun because i paint for a living. i can do some sick things with spray bomb but my sata mini jet is the cats meow. worth every penny i spent on it.
if your not going to do some way out there custom painting then stick with spray bomb. you can get so many colors in it now from house of colors to any make of car color you could want.

8583576_l.jpg

Back