Connecticut: NLCCBC 2009 Ride Schedule

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello folks, friends old and new, from New London Connecticut!

redrossdowntown131.jpg

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a happy holiday like we did.

Our bike ride schedule for 2009 is up now on our site! Be sure to download the flyer for the complete list of dates. As each date comes up, a new flyer will be posted for individual rides with pictures and more info.

Our schedule: http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride2009.html

The printable schedule: http://www.bareiss.net/FLYER2009.doc

nlratrodride080306.jpg

Our season recap is also posted. If you missed it, some pictures from all our rides this year are on this page:

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride.html

This page will be updated with our ride information before each 2009 ride. Please note that ALL of our rides will be held on Sundays this year, and we will just have to see what the weather brings. As before, we will ride unless it is raining.

nlratrodride080305.jpg

We have some really fun additions to the club rides this year:

== We are planning to ride to Ocean Beach to see the weekly Classic Car Show a couple of Monday nights during the year.

== A Beginner's Bike Workshop has been added, thanks to our friends at Terra Cyclery (see their link at the bottom of our pages).

== The club is holding a bike sale (not a bake sale!) as a season wrap-up. Members are welcome to bring any bicycles or parts they wish to sell or trade.

== We are making an official field trip up to ride the Air Line Trail. If you haven't experienced one of these rail trails, it's quite a nice way to spend an afternoon. Mountain bikes not required- we rode last year on our lightweight Schwinns.

== Themed rides including some of our popular rides from the last couple years: Road bikes, Rat Rods, twenty-inch bikes, and this year we have added a Cruisers ride. The style of bike is the feature of the ride- you are always welcome to join us on any classic bicycle.

redrossriding115.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope to see you all soon!

Email me with any questions, comments, or additions: [email protected] or call me at (860) 912 6882.

--Rob Bareiss (NLCTVWguy on Schwinn Forums and Rat Rod Bikes)

looks like me and vinnie sixgun are coming out for the aug cruise lol its about 6 months away but its gonna fly by :D

Edit ++ maybe soon :D gotta see when bike gets here, when the next cruise will be.

Pawel said:
looks like me and vinnie sixgun are coming out for the aug cruise lol its about 6 months away but its gonna fly by :D

Edit ++ maybe soon :D gotta see when bike gets here, when the next cruise will be.

Hey it will be great to meet you guys! All types of bikes are welcome at all of our rides- it doesn't have to be a Rat Rod or any specific type of bike. We just choose the themes for the rides so that everyone gets their turn in the spotlight.

We just started up a new group here called "BIKE NEW LONDON" which will cover all types of issues, such as bike racks, bike lanes, bike safety in the city. It could make New London an even better place to ride in the near future.

I will keep everyone posted.
--Rob

Hello Rob. I will DEFINETLY be there on the Airline!
jch5.jpg

For anyone is thinking about going: If the ride goes to East Hampton you'll be crossing this bridge! How cool is that?!
ARRlyman.gif

Back