Cook Brothers current value

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
over inflated prices on these frames and bikes... insanity and stupidity are the order of the day
Matter of opinion I guess.

I see it as art. You can have a chance to own the original, or you can by a replica or fake. But just like art, those who know, know.

It’s not like they’re making any more of them.
Demand is high, so prices follow. There really is only a small pool of folks who strongly follow Cook. And a premium is willing to be paid. Quality over quantity. I see it as, I could own 10 $1,000 bikes, or 1 $10,000 bike. Can only ride one at a time.

Another way to view it is, have a look at high end modern bikes. I happen to mountain bike. A decent mountain bike is going to set you back a couple grand easy. And a few more then a couple grand if you start to get into the nice stuff, and more then a Cook if you get into top of the line. So, if you prefer cruisin, and want the best, prices follow suit.

Buy what ya like, at a price you feel comfortable, when you can. And that choice is up to whos buyin.

Last edited:
As gets posted often when someone asks, 'whats my bike worth?'

It's worth what someone is willing to pay. It is what it is.

I'd love to have a Cook Bros cruiser, but I'm not willing to pay Cook Bros money. But, I'll be plenty happy having a Cook Bros tribute bike for a fraction of the cost and 100+% of the fun :thumbsup:.

I like to look at pictures, but realize that they'll never be mine. I can fantasize about the "high maintenance" pinups, and still be happy on my low-buck old faithful at home.

In my mind, a bare Cook frame is almost a liability rather than an asset. To build it up correctly:

1.) You'll never be able to find the correct/Cook parts
2.) You'll never afford the correct/Cook parts

Finding the longhorn bars, sealed BB, Slant stem, hubset, seat post clamp to do that frame justice would likely take you $15,000 and god knows how long.

Myself, I would cash out rather than try collecting the parts to build it back up. You could build a really nice cook bros tribute like mine for much less money than you will get for that frame. My red menace frame may only be high tensile steel but for what most of us use these cruisers for it will outlast my children. Also mine has drum brakes and a 3 speed freewheel hub. The frame is nicely welded and light too, less than 6 1/2lbs. There are a few USA made CB kits out there. Would be as good if not better than a CB with modern components.
35B59300-D9A2-476E-947A-968E146B0C5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Great Thread, Would Read Again!

I agree with @Dizzle Problems even if I think the pricing on vintage Cook Bros is ridiculous...for me. They never made a frame size to fit me. Besides that, I'd snap one of their OG cranks in a hot minute. Bottom line, quality trumps quantity and always has for me when it comes to bicycles. Even so, my appreciation for what can be done with a quantity bike has been brought to a higher level since joining this forum.

Ride What Ya Brung

Latest posts

Back