Cool 80's straight bar cruiser!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just picked this bike up from a local shop, im having a hard time figuring out what it is though but I love it. It needs some tuning and trueing. I smell a klunker build in its future! :D :D

SU1HMDA2NDUtMjAxMTEyMTAtMTU0Mi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDA2NDYtMjAxMTEyMTAtMTU0My5qcGc.jpg

Cool. Very unusual! If it weren't for the looped upper rear stay, the rest of it looks like a prewar motobike. The triple plate fork is what definitely throws me off... I would expect a tubular fork. The rear stays/ rear end in general look kind-of Murray-ish if that is any help. A clearer pic of the rear end would be very helpful.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Cool find, looks like an Emory! :wink:

I think Nick is on to something. Now that I look at again, the headbadge is similar in shape to an Emory badge, and I think the Emory made Webco frames had that looped upper rear stay. The sprocket looks like some I have seen on other Emory bikes as well. I think it probably is an Emory or Emory made Webco.

Unchained said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Cool find, looks like an Emory! :wink:

I think Nick is on to something. Now that I look at again, the headbadge is similar in shape to an Emory badge, and I think the Emory made Webco frames had that looped upper rear stay. The sprocket looks like some I have seen on other Emory bikes as well. I think it probably is an Emory or Emory made Webco.

Sweet! :mrgreen:

I checked in webco and emory bikes and I havent found one that has the motobike style middle and top bars. I know worksman have that style but they dont have the loop seat stays. I also can not find any serial number, could this have been a home or custom fab? The welds look kind of sloppy. :( :( :( I wish it was a webco, that would be so sick!!

LarzBahrs said:
I checked in webco and emory bikes and I havent found one that has the motobike style middle and top bars. I know worksman have that style but they dont have the loop seat stays. I also can not find any serial number, could this have been a home or custom fab? The welds look kind of sloppy. :( :( :( I wish it was a webco, that would be so sick!!

Some clear pictures of the welds, dropouts, upper and lower rear stay, etc. should help on a positive ID. I'm very curious to know what this is too.

When we find out what it is I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for one. That is awesome! Would look cool in bare metal with a tank. :mrgreen:

The forks don't look like Emory or Worksman, and the headbadge is different from Emory, it's not the same size oval, and it's a skiptooth it looks like, couldn't be an Emory..

It isnt skiptooth actually and the rear drop outs are not rear facing. Outskirts, im thinking its going to have bare metal in its future. Im going to smooth some stuff out and make it a bit more refined and probably do a path racer style similar to sensors la cucaracha except i want some creme tires :D :D I just need a decent heavy duty wheel set, I want to make it my daily

Latest posts

Back