Cool Harley Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's a cool rat bike I saw at a local bike shop. He says it ain't for sale. Those Mooneyes wheel discs are $300 for 4 of them. BTW, that started life as a Harley bike by GT.

bikes001.jpg

I wanted to get the mooneyes disks for my bike so bad.....checked the prices on their site and promptly clicked the red X.

I'm a DIY kinda guy, making some disks would rock! Cut a cardboard templet to fit the rim (that will end up looking like pac-man!) and transfer that to a thin sheet of plastic. Butt the ends, glue, paint, mount on wheels, and ride super fast! Just an idea I wanted to share. BR+K has an article about making them from fabric and glue, if I remember right. Anyway you try it, the cost sould fall well below $300!

re: wheel discs

i was in a pawn shop yesterday and saw some crash cymbals for $25. there were only 2 and they were different sizes. i see they come in 21 inch and smaller, by inch increments. if you could find a matching set, cheap, looks like they'd bolt in or fit pretty easy. trouble is, it don't look like they're always that cheap - on ebay for example . . .

Nice frame and those moon discs rock, but where do you put the baseball card? :lol: :roll:

tikiharl said:
What is the valve stem situation on these?

just a guess but theres probably a hole on the other side (the ugly ((non-chainguard)) side). the cheapo plastic ones on my huffy as a kid had em on both sides tho.

Back