CORRECTED: 26x1-3/8 tire whoas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bicycle808 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Oh man you're lucky, at least you can get tires once you find the correct one to order. I had a Peugeot folding bike that I couldn't find tires for AT ALL. 550A size which is roughly 22". Bigger than a 20" and smaller than a 24". Just an oddball size that no bike shop in town could even order. I did find one pair on Ebay but they cost more than I paid for the bike so I just traded the bike off. Then had an externally geared 3 speed and a drum brake in rear so it was oddball all the way around.

PA060105.jpg

Took me 3 minutes to find 'em: http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/road_tires/hs166 shame you sold the bike.

Notice they are out of stock? I looked everywhere. It got passed off to a RRB member then another one and I don't know where it is now. Oh well I have plenty of other cool bikes. I'd rather just get a 20" folder anyway so there are more tire options such as whitewalls.

outskirtscustoms said:
Notice they are out of stock? I looked everywhere. It got passed off to a RRB member then another one and I don't know where it is now. Oh well I have plenty of other cool bikes. I'd rather just get a 20" folder anyway so there are more tire options such as whitewalls.

So sorry; still took me less than 1 day: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/490.html :shock: :mrgreen: sorry, no whitewall option.

araya was a bike mountain bike rim back in the day...have you tried a regular 26"x2" tire on it?

Bicycle808 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

So sorry; still took me less than 1 day: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/490.html :shock: :mrgreen: sorry, no whitewall option.

Yeah I know they can be gotten but I only paid $20 for the bike so if I put $50 into tires I'd still only look at getting $100 out of it at best. So I'd have made a whopping $20-$30 bucks, I ended up trading it off for god knows what and let it be someone else's project.

Bicycle808 said:
The OP needs 590s. It's beyond obvious. He's trying to put 597s on a 590.

26 x 1 3/8 tires on a 26 x 1 3/8 rim?

Why that's just crazy enough to work!

:wink:

this picture is for the non-believers, or the ones that don't think I know how to read. I bought Kenda 26x1-3/8 tires thinking they would fit this rim:

10843319906_53b45b412f_b.jpg

I would like to thank very much the people who pointed me toward the OTHER 26x1-3/8 tires (590), rather than the 597 that I had. They fit. yay.

man that was annoying.

But I learned something. I learned that the fraction-decimal thing is not what I thought it is. It has exceptions.

Back