Cosmic Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have plans on buying another bike but you know how that goes. I had called before inquiring about this craigslist bike but the price combined with the distance deterred me. Anyway, the owner called me back yesterday and cut the price in half so I went for it.
My build off bike is called Cosmic cruiser and this is a Cosmic Flyer so that's neat I guess.
I like it. It's complete and the color scheme is awesome. Not mint but not rat. I'll clean it up and enjoy riding it.

If you get the time, Can I see the detail inside the tank? It should be held together with one or two screws on the bottom. Im curious how the underside of your switchboard looks and the wiring to the horn/battery tray. I cant wait to see more detailed photos when finished in the Spaceliner Thread.

You have a real Gem of a rider there when its been torn down, oiled and greased and put back together straight.
I love seeing everyones different variations of these., all the paint and bodies look different., have their own spice and flavor. I love the Brown and Black and Chrome going on here. Excellent.

If you get the time, Can I see the detail inside the tank? It should be held together with one or two screws on the bottom. Im curious how the underside of your switchboard looks and the wiring to the horn/battery tray. I cant wait to see more detailed photos when finished in the Spaceliner Thread.

You have a real Gem of a rider there when its been torn down, oiled and greased and put back together straight.
I love seeing everyones different variations of these., all the paint and bodies look different., have their own spice and flavor. I love the Brown and Black and Chrome going on here. Excellent.
I'll probably take that tank apart tomorrow. I'm curious if there's corrosion going on in there. I post some pics when I get them.

Also, I was really hoping the original tires would be ridable but they're toast. I'd be happy to hear some suggestions on what should go on here. I have a few sets of whitewalls lying around but I bet something else might look better with these colors

26X1.75 Is the Standard size for that make and model., I have New Kenda White walls on mine, but it smashes with the chrome pretty good. Id go all black cord for yours., it'll make the black tank pop more and match from tip to toe., Cant wait to see the tank ;)

Not sure what the wet rag was doing in there but it wasn't doing anything to the good for the tank. Also, discovered the tank isn't supposed to be black. Someone actually went through the trouble of taping off the chrome and the decals and sprayed the sides of the tank black. most of whats there is a weird bronze brown color

Not sure what the wet rag was doing in there but it wasn't doing anything to the good for the tank. Also, discovered the tank isn't supposed to be black. Someone actually went through the trouble of taping off the chrome and the decals and sprayed the sides of the tank black. most of whats there is a weird bronze brown color
You lucked out on the switchboard cleanliness, but I think the rag/Gauz in the tray did more harm than good when precipitation set in.. thats a real shame., does it still FEEL sound and solid enough to hold a pair of D's? Its neat in a way its Hornless., the simplicity is much easier to rewire.

The Coppertone I think was its Primary shade, and sort of a shame its been covered, but as well as they repainted it, even if it is rattlecan.. its clean looking, even and might be covering a lot of mess in scratches and chips. Hard to say. All in All I still like it for its different characteristics.

You lucked out on the switchboard cleanliness, but I think the rag/Gauz in the tray did more harm than good when precipitation set in.. thats a real shame., does it still FEEL sound and solid enough to hold a pair of D's? Its neat in a way its Hornless., the simplicity is much easier to rewire.

The Coppertone I think was its Primary shade, and sort of a shame its been covered, but as well as they repainted it, even if it is rattlecan.. its clean looking, even and might be covering a lot of mess in scratches and chips. Hard to say. All in All I still like it for its different characteristics.
Under close inspection it hasn't been sprayed over. The paint on top of the tank is faded and appears they used a dark primer underneat showing through. Rubbing a little compound on it tells the tale. I'm soaking that battery box in white vinegar to remove some of that rust. Seems like it'll still hold the batteries.

All great news. Im glad you have a find you enjoy, thats where the fun is.
Keep me posted with updates! I have a feeling this one is gonna be rollin somethin fierce when its all done.

Back