Could anyone help identify this bike further?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told by the people at NHBAA that I have a 1956-57 Firestone Tire Service, inc. promotional model bicycle. I'm still waiting to get more information back but in the mean time I figured I'd share with you guys and see I could get anymore information on it. Ive tried every search result on the internet and still nothing. Here are some pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87339727@N02/8003424822/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87339727@N02/8003427298/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87339727@N02/8003426742/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87339727@N02/8003423713/in/photostream

First of all, you're lucky, getting anything from NBHAA! Otherwise, on the surface, your bike looks like a Monark built bike. But, the '57 EH' on the BB makes me think otherwise. I believe it's a Snyder built bike, w/a Monark chainring possibly swapped on later. The only question is, are there either two holes for fender/rack braces on the rear dropouts, or four connected holes? Those are both absolute Snyder giveaways. Generally, most Firestone branded bikes were built by Monark from the late 40s through about 1955. A 1959 ad shows all Snyder built bikes. So, this could be a missing link between that gap. It's surely an uncommon bike, but not exceptionally valueable. Still, a decent American made bike from a classic era! -Adam

I'll have to check out the bicycle when I get home. I've spent about 15min with it so far. I know that the main tube at the top of the frame has two holes in it. So I'm guessing that there was a tank on it originally.

The NHBAA are sending me a bunch of information on the bike but I'm getting impatient lol. Its killing me not knowing 100% what it is so I can get working. Is the NBHAA not known for responding to people?

Thanks again for the input! I'll keep new info posted.

caucasionj said:
The NHBAA are sending me a bunch of information on the bike but I'm getting impatient lol. Its killing me not knowing 100% what it is so I can get working. Is the NBHAA not known for responding to people?
Thanks again for the input! I'll keep new info posted.

Yes. The NBHAA is just one cranky old guy who gets easily offended, yet easily offends nearly everyone! He's been known to respond late, if at all. He's an anti-legend practically, though he does know his stuff. -Adam

So I talked to a guy that owns an old bicycle and hobbies shop downtown. He said from the pictures I should him on my phone that the company Firestone asked another company to make so many number of Firestone themed bicycles for their service shops. So I'm guessing this is the reason I can't find anything on the bike? Still waiting to hear back from the NHBAA guy. He's responded back to everything I've sent so far within a day or two...maybe he changed his ways? lol

caucasionj said:
So I talked to a guy that owns an old bicycle and hobbies shop downtown. He said from the pictures I should him on my phone that the company Firestone asked another company to make so many number of Firestone themed bicycles for their service shops. So I'm guessing this is the reason I can't find anything on the bike? Still waiting to hear back from the NHBAA guy. He's responded back to everything I've sent so far within a day or two...maybe he changed his ways? lol
I've had three detailed reports performed through him. They were very detailed and precise yet the bed side manner was not good in reference to criticism of any flaws regardless of who the owner or person behind the suppossed flaw was. Even when they were created by the person paying his fee, he was very critical and rude I'm afraid.

BE THE SQUEEKY WHEEL!!!!! And be patient I'm afraid.

That's my advice.

My first 2 reports took 2 months and the third took 3 months to get back but they did get back.

The last really held me up on a restoration project but what do you do.

Good luck

Keep us posted. I'd love to know how long yours takes to get back.

1918 Ranger

Latest posts

Back