Coulda, Woulda...but Shoulda? - Goodyear Hwy. Patrol 24"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I went to look at this thinking it was a 26" and got there and thought, "well ain't that cute?"

I said to the lady selling it that I thought it was a full size bike, to which she replied, "It is a full size bike cause I rode it!" Haha, oops.

I am curious what you all think. She was asking $100. Looked to be all there except replacement tires (IRC) and hand grips (Hunt Wilde). She said chain broke, but had it. Everything was sold and straight. Chrome would have cleaned up nice. Saddle was in really nice shape.

I wanted to buy it, but really didn't want a small bike. What is this anyway? I was thinking late 30s or early 40s made by Monark.

It's already sold. I had a little bit of non-buyers remorse, but mainly wanted to know what it was and if I really messed up not buying it. I thought about parting it out, but I hate taking apart something so complete after its survived 70+ years. Still, I probably should have bought it.

I feel ya. I would have bought it despite it's size. Too nice to leave behind. You probably could'a flipped it for at least a $50 profit.

Dude...you need to go look at yourself in the mirror then give yourself a good slap...you passed up what appears to me to be a 24" CWC built Goodyear cruiser...WITH IT"S TANKS!!!...shame on you for judging on size :oops: :shock: :lol: No really...not easy to find...would look good next to my 24" Monark built Firestone Super Cruiser and 24" Murray built Flightliner!...Que Sera Sera...did we learn our lesson today? Ah,you'll know better next time...Pappy 8)

Don't feel bad, for the $100 price tag I also would have passed on it.

yep. You could use the same pic and wording from the original ad, and ask $150 without lifting a wrench. In my hood, I'd put a price tag of $200 FIRM, and I would get it within a month.

Gold Street Customs said:
Out here ,that would have been a $300 bike all day long :shock:

I hope the person who bought it will be keeping it and cherishing it. I flip bikes all the time and never feel guilty about making a profit, but this one is one instance where I'd feel better knowing someone who really wanted it got it for themselves. I didn't want a 24, but all this discussion is really making me wish I had picked it up.

Back