Countdown to AutoRama! 52 Columbia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta get this badboy wrapped up for Detroit Autorama in a few weeks..

Here it is when I unearthed it this past summer:
4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

And some Quick sneak peak shots form about 5 minutes ago :wink: :

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

I'll keep an eye out for this! My dad and I go religiously as it's the first classic car event of the year 8)

yup. I cleaned it and thoroughly decreased it, and my buddy is laying down some thick clear cote over the f/f to seal in the patina. The idea is that the CC will be thick enough that once I cut and polish it, the reflections will be all juicy, while the patina is gnarly underneath. :D

in the business if teasers shots.... :)

photo1.jpg

My buddy Spike is KILLIN it! I cant wait to get this bad boy assembled!

lol, I'm sure i'm not the first guy to think of it, and I definitely won't be the last. Use away! :D

ok, a quickie tech piece before the final reveal... :D

So you have an aged leather saddle and you're looking to relate something on the bike to it?

Lets do this.

My bike is old, and there is something about the quality of old well made sht that makes me smile. The same cant be said for hte crappy "maded in taiwan by slave children" bracket that held the coaster brakes on my rear wheel to the frame. So I decide to fashion one up.

First off, I had to sacrifice my old work pants belt
Picture434.jpg

I folded it over on itself, and markered a template to cut it into shape.
Picture435.jpg

A little rough sand paper takes that clean edge down and matches it to the rest of hte otherwise patinaed leather.
Picture437.jpg

Next I had to drill a hole in it to run the bolt through.
Picture439.jpg

I used the screw and the set washer from the fender, with a nut on the backside.
Picture444.jpg

Matches up pretty well.
Picture442.jpg

Puppy is not impressed
Picture458.jpg

and there! a cool, and not too common solution. :mrgreen:
Picture455.jpg

* edit** Since posting this, I've added a metal band under the leather, for safety sake. you cant see it, but it adds a level of rigidity.

ok, finished product time :)

Picture588.jpg

Picture587.jpg

Picture585.jpg

Some details:
Picture583.jpg

Picture575.jpg

Picture574.jpg

Picture572.jpg

I'll get some good shots outside when i get a chance.. the clear really looks cool in the daylight since you can see a lot more of the reds and rust tones through it. :mrgreen:

Wow, nice bike! :D Amazing what some elbow grease and clear coat can do :wink:

Latest posts

Back