Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of the Aussie lads a looking at taking part in the build off this year. Might have to look at pushing my dirty denim build to the back of the shed and try have a go at my first ever build off

If it can rust let it

I'm in.........don't plan to do anything too involved this year, but that'll prolly change once I start ;)

15_Ford_Old_Num4_Racer-DV-06-MHR_03.jpg

I've been slowly trying to organize and sort through the different parts and junk in my shop so that I'll hopefully have room to build a bike for the build off. It's been slow progress, but I am getting there.:crazy2:

This is going to be a interesting build (no categories - no rules) I have two frames I've been saving for a build like this...we'll see where they take me conceptually? I just need to start pulling more parts.

See you at the starting line!

This is your brain:

brain001.gif

This is your brain 4 days before the Build Off:

GearsGIF.gif
The bottom one is my brain after attending the Ann Arbor swap meet and bike show. I picked up an older Columbia tricycle and got a few parts to use with it. Then also took home a free newer Huffy BMX style bike that is complete.

This is going to be a interesting build (no categories - no rules) I have two frames I've been saving for a build like this...we'll see where they take me conceptually? I just need to start pulling more parts.

I had proposed last year that this BO have three categories: Traditional, Anything Goes and fordsnake. Maybe just two will work: fordsnake in one and everyone else in the other to level the playing field a bit.

I'm sure your bike will be remarkable, Mr. Snake.

furyus

I've been slowly trying to organize and sort through the different parts and junk in my shop so that I'll hopefully have room to build a bike for the build off. It's been slow progress, but I am getting there.:crazy2:
+1

I had proposed last year that this BO have three categories: Traditional, Anything Goes and fordsnake. Maybe just two will work: fordsnake in one and everyone else in the other to level the playing field a bit. I'm sure your bike will be remarkable, Mr. Snake.
furyus

I am also CERTAIN that Carlton's build will be remarkable once more. BUT, with all due respect, I have a feeling that the skills and builds displayed by 200 other people over the next three months will have a hand in the outcome of BONINE.

Ok guys, I know I said I'd be sitting this year out and focusing on my van build but I just can't help but tinker with bikes in my downtime so... I'm in!

I might have enough parts to throw something cool together. All I will say about my build off bike is it will be built to mimic a factory prototype "what if" bike.

Looking forward to seeing this!

Luke.

Back