couple of old columbia's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think the girls is early 30's not sure if the chain guard is right, i think the boy's is late 40's. I don't know what i'm going to do with them?
bgd449.jpg
2wco3nr.jpg
w8uyxy.jpg

i just noticed that myself i think it looks like that because the handle bars are turn.t to the left i got to check now good :shock: thanks for pointing that out

i think im wrong on the year of the mens bike i went to MR columbia and this frame was built from 1922 to 31 or 34 ithink who ever owned it back then just put bikes together with what ever parts he or she had ..i dont know im just getting into collecting these olderrr bikes

Yeh The boy's one is really interesting, it's a 26 inch tire? That's an old frame man, the other stuff on it looks like late 30's early 40's.

ya its 26"tires but were all the tubes meet down near the crank is ... its were they braised it all together looks like a big mess it must be how they did it back then or they had a new guy starting and this was his first frame he braised together ..lol..i dont know .ide hate to cut it up if its as old as the picture s i seen say it is

Westfield/Columbia didn't have any balloon tire bikes until 1934. The older bikes used 28x1 1/2" wheels, and balloon tires won't fit on them. The boy's bike looks original to me, except for the fenders. I believe the chain guard on the ladie's is correct, but the chainring has been swapped out for a smaller juvenile size. My info on serial #'s starts in 1936 with A-5000. They skipped a few letters, and started over again with A-5000 in 1955, so there can be some confusion on actual build dates.-Adam

Back