Couple Schwinns, and an Evans

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a few bikes lately. I have been cruising the net researching them and have found alot of info on the 2 schwinns i picked up the other day. But I have had a hard time finding much info on the Evans Interceptor 100.

I bought the 2 schwinns from an old couple who were cleaning out the garage preparing to move. They purchased them new some time in the late 60's/early 70's (They both have matching bike registration tags on them from 71, So I am just guessing that they are both 1971's.) They are both very original and not in bad shape.

This is the Schwinn Racer 3 speed. Tires are dry rotted but still hold air. All the gears work as they should, its actually a fun and comfortable bike to ride.

This is the schwinn breeze. This one is in nice shape. Looks like it was not rode very often. It has the 2 speed kick back rear hub (yellow band) and works flawlessly.

The last bike, I planned to make a rat rod/cluncker bike out of it, but I am looking for some more info on it first. It is a really cool looking bike, I really like the chainguard and sprocket. I dont know if it is really worth anything but I liked it. any info on this one would definitely be appreciated. It is an Evans Interceptor 100. Built in Plymouth MI.

Evans bought out Colson's wheel goods division around 1953-4. Early models had "Evans Colson" on the badge, just Evans after 56 or so. They had a strange lineup, with model names like Interceptor and Viscount, and a number series to differentiate the low-hi end models. So a _ 100 was a cheapie, 800 was top of the line. They had some neat features on the higher end bikes, like square sided fenders, and the spacey looking Evanaction springer fork. Apparently they couldn't compete with the big co.'s, and shut down around '62. late bikes have that chainring, which looks very similar to Monark's but is slightly different. I have one which has a Polish Lucznik coaster brake! Also, that Racer is sweet!-Adam

Latest posts

Back