Courtneys cruiser...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a recent craigslist free pick up Huffy cranebrook cruiser.
My Daughter wanted a cruiser like mine so I'm going to tear this one apart and make it "unique" for her. It sat outside for over 2 years so it has lots of rust!
Teardown...
Bike015.jpg

Rusty parts...
Bike016.jpg

I'm actually going to re-finish these rims!
Bike017.jpg

Dings galore!!!
Bike018.jpg

All the color choices will be hers so stay tuned...

Rustinkerer said:
Whoa, are ya near the ocean or what? That's a lotta rust for that new of a bike! ~Adam

Not anywhere near the beach, I'm just 40 miles north of Nashville Tennessee. The bike was just left outdoors for 2 years. Lots of elbow grease will go into this one for sure!

This weekend I got everything torn down and I stripped the frame, forks and rims down to bare metal. The forks are in the background already in black primer...
Bike031.jpg

Here is the " bucket of parts" soaking in WD-40...
Bike032.jpg

I kind of like the primer black but all the color choices will go to my Daughter... it is her bike after all...
More to follow soon...

aka_locojoe said:
I think those rims would look good as are with a clear coat over them.

I agree. One of my bikes has rims so rusty I had to add a washer to the valve stem hole because it was rusted out. I know the rim will probably need replaced at some point but it looks cool for now.

aka_locojoe said:
I think those rims would look good as are with a clear coat over them.
Now that would be RAT! My daughter has a pretty colorful scheme planned for this one... time will tell.

I finally got the frame, forks and one salvageable wheel into primer and wet sanded. Looks like my daughter wants to go with an "aqua" color... I wanted to keep it black but hey... it's her bike! Looks like I need to start polishing some rusty chrome... this bike could be up within the week if all goes well...
Bike.jpg

I got the frame and forks painted. I'm letting them cure overnight, then I'll wet sand them and start some clearcoating. The red rim and hub in the background is for another build.
Bike001-1.jpg

I got the forks re-attached and the rest of the "hot pink" pieces done. Hopefully I'll have the wheels finished and my daughter will be on the road this weekend!
The red wheel in the background of this picture is actually for another bike....
Bike003-1.jpg

Bike002-1.jpg

CCR said:
love the greenish color with the red wheels !!! :D

Sadly that tire is for another bike in the near future... My daughters rims will be chrome... I wanted the red but she's picking the colors on this build!

CCR said:
cant argue with the boss then, but i may have to put that color combo together in the future sometime :)
The color was Teal if I remember right and I got it from Home Depot... Kind of like that teal, Green and red...add a little Black and White and it reminds me of the Joker from Batman Comics!!!

Done!... For now. I'm looking for a set of pink 26 inch Beach Cruiser wheels. The whitewalls will have to do for now.
Bike004-1.jpg

A happy girl and her "unique" one of a kind ride...
Bike005-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!!!!!!

My girl has a black bike with pink wheels with whitewall tires, might be a cool option for you.

zoso said:
My girl has a black bike with pink wheels with whitewall tires, might be a cool option for you.
Where did you get them? I'm interested...

patkeo said:
zoso said:
Where did you get them? I'm interested...

Came with the bike, it's an internet bike, made by Micargi i believe.

Back