Craigs List experience

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took your advice Steve, thank-you. Enjoy your new Schwinn Tonka! :mrgreen:

cody-james said:
i dont want to hi jack this thread but i need some cl advice... i've sold more then 150 bikes this summer to about 130 very happy people. I had one complaint all year, i sold a beautiful specialized rockhopper for 100, the girl losened the stem toraise the bars losened then to the point of the wedge bolt falling out the bottom of the fork. she then lost the nut and bolt and called me to tell me the bike was broken. i told her i'd look at it. i fixed it but then she said she wanted her money back i gave her every penny i had on me 80 dollars. now shes emailing harrassing me about 20. the way i look at it i'm out the time re-showing re listing and what i lost selling it the second time, plus i gave her a seat extra that she kept .. what am i to do. can't make everyone happy i guess

I see his bikes on CL everyday..................He knows what he's doing! Like Steve said, clear pics and a set price.
Cody-james prices are VERY reasonable, that's another key to be successful.

I love selling bikes on craigslist. They come look at my bike for sale and if they get crazy on the price I tell them Walmart is right down the road and they can buy a brand new cruiser for $89 . They always buy the old frame with new parts...still dont understand it , but then I dont understand a felt for $12,000 . Surely somebody has as good a bike for $2000......and they dont even get a kick stand. :roll:

hey thanks kota i really try. well i sent her 20. not because i was worried about her suing me or bad publicity, just because i wanted her to go away

Back