Craigs List response, 65 Columbia yay!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well here is an add I have postedhttp://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/1142492727.htmlAnd I get a response "Do you buy old bikes" and I responded "It depends on what it is and how rich I am at the time....so she replies it is an old purple Stingray with a banana seat and tall bars and she wants 75-100 and it turns out it is in my little town of Lucerne :shock: so it looks like a pit stop on the way home :D

Re: Craigs List response, she sent photo!

If I'm not mistaken that's a solo polo seat and probably worth some money on its own.

Definitely go grab that bike, seat and sissy bar look to be early 60's Persons.

CCR said:
ive got a columbia with the same 2-tone thing going on.
Chainstay to bottom bracket area also looking very Columbia-like.

frame & chainring look to be mid 60s columbia.

PLAYBIKE

Of course its raining! but all I did was sit on it and I decided its comfy with that square sissy bar, of course she wants to see it all cleaned up will get more picks later (crazy coaster brake)

KOTA said:

I know what I'm talkin about! :roll:...............The ONLY reason I knew, when I was 12 yrs old, next door neighbor got one EXACTLY the same as yours, even the color.........If I remember, the chain guard said Columbia, by the dropouts and then in nice big letters said PLAYBIKE. We associated it with PLAYBOY magazine (made it a dirty little bike). :lol:

Do you think any parts from this Blue Cloud would help you out? I can get more photos if you wish.....
BlueCloud.jpg

Latest posts

Back