Craigslist finds, and scrapyard saves! any info on these?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just getting up this morning, I saw this ad pop up, and when the guy answered, he said that it was up but for 10 minutes. ( i didnt realize it was 7:25 a.m. :lol: ) but he was only 2 blocks away from me, and I ended up with them.

Homemade I.D. tag I suppose

And of course my Fatboy wanted in on the commotion

And the girls fiesta

What a Good Morning

Picked these up from a local scrapyard today, and I think I did okay. I ventured outside of my norms on two of the three. I knew the schwinn was a no brainer for the parts, but the other two had things I liked about them. Any info on them? Good? Bad?

Decent 26 inch Ladies American

A few good parts. I got this one for the seat post and the gooseneck clamp. I kinda like the hoops too. Dia Compe brakes.

And this AMF Roadmaster Bicycle-Moped dealie. Its powered by a McCullough chainsaw motor, and in nearly pristene shape. Good compression, and spark. My dad tells me these were junk back in the 70's. Are they that bad?

I even got me a new sprocket

Any info helps! thanks

I'm in the hood. :lol: Don't nobody round here got time fo' a bike

if it doesn't run then you've got a cool set of wheels for a mid 70's era bmx bike. Corona edition!

You did good! Any day you find drilled rim hoops on a scrapyard bike GRAB IT!!! Too bad it's a girl's frame.

Your dad was right. It is a friction drive. The rear wheel is turned by a roller on the engine. You can get up to 20mph if you are lucky. Not saying it isn't fun to ride, (I built a friction drive bike that I love) it's just not as good as a Puch Maxi or a honda hobbit or the other mopeds around at that time.
They sold a ton of them as I recall.
If it runs, ride it or sell it. If it doesn't run, make a super weird 20 incher out of it.

I got the moped to fire on ether this morning, but haven't tried riding it. Im a wee bit too big for that, but I may convince my girlfriend to try and ride it if its trusty. And I'm still figuring out what to do with the goose

Back